Business LIVE! Student Event New York
Inspire their future career in the city that never sleeps at our NEW Business LIVE! NYC conference. Bring business studies to life for your students and fire their future career ambitions by showing them the many different paths a career in business could take at our Business LIVE! conference - all whilst enjoying the magic of the Big Apple!
New York has always had business and commerce at its very core. Home to Wall Street - the world’s largest stock market - and the iconic NASDAQ building on Times Square, New York offers business students the chance to experience a dynamic city at the heart of the global economy.
Wednesday 19th February 2025
Who is the event for?
Key Stage 4 & 5 students of Business Studies. The event is designed to complement studies across the AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC and SAQ curriculums.
It is designed to meet course aims by encouraging and developing enthusiasm for studying business and provide quality case studies for exams.
A global hub of international business, New York, along with London and Tokyo, is one of the 3 ‘Command Centres’ for the world economy and has a significant impact on every aspect of business – from banking, finance, world trade, new media, tourism and transportation.
Further details, including confirmed speakers, coming soon!
Following the success of our LIVE! conference events in Europe, we anticipate that our New York event will be popular with school groups.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights' room only accommodation
- Return flights and overseas airport transfers
- Attendance at the Business Live! Conference
- Entry to the Museum of Modern Art
- Extensive group travel insurance
- Services of the Events Team in New York throughout your stay
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from selected departure points.
Expert speaker presentations - your students will hear how businesses operate in a range of different contexts, and hear how they responded to different business opportunities, problems and issues.
Q&A session - interactive question and answer sessions offering invaluable career insight and advice.
The Events Team in New York will provide support throughout your stay, they’ll:
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
- Assist with check-out & departure
Day 1 - Arrive in New York
Fly to New York, transfer to your accommodation for check-in. Visit the Empire State Building.
Day 2 - Business city experience
Wall Street Walking Tour, visit the Federal Reserve Bank. Take in a Broadway Show.
Day 3 - Business LIVE!
Business LIVE! Event. In the afternoon take the Staten Island Ferry & see the Statue of Liberty. Enjoy an evening meal at a New York restaurant.
Day 4 - Sightseeing city experience
Free time for shopping & sightseeing. Transfer to the airport for your return flight (overnight flight).
Day 5 - Return to the UK
Arrive at UK airport.
Luisa Mendoza - Founder & CEO of Global Tourism Sports & Entertainment, GTSE.
Luisa is the founder & CEO of Global Tourism Sports & Entertainment, GTSE. With over 21 years of experience in global business development and marketing, with a focus on tourism and sports, Luisa has the overall responsibility of bridging the gap between sports & tourism, making her the first Latina in the United States to start a global tourism, sports & entertainment company and have her company, GTSE become the first Sports Ambassador to IPW, and the U.S. Travel Association.
Thanks to her innovation, Luisa was nominated as an Industry Impactor Honoree of the Microsoft Legacy Project - naming her one of the most influential, groundbreaking Hispanic changemakers of our time.
Stacey, a Brooklyn native of Haitian descent and Columbia University School of Law graduate, founded Inside Out Tours in 2010. Her passion for history, tourism, and New York City is complimented by a background that encompasses the artistic, legal, and academic world. Stacey started her career as an assistant producer of documentaries for a major television network and as an assistant adjunct professor of New York City History. She has served as a small business consultant and educator for NYC Small Business Solutions and the Brooklyn Public Library.
She worked for 10 years as commercial litigation and securities lawyer before pursuing her true love and launching Inside Out Tours. She now serves as Managing Director of Inside Out Tours, an award-winning NYC tour operator that provides specialty tours and classes focusing on hidden history, diversity, and inclusion.
Tyler will take you behind the scenes for an exclusive look at the business side of Broadway, and what it takes to stage a successful theatre performance.
As an industry-leading digital strategy expert and owner of Tyler Mount Ventures, a digital agency specializing in social media strategy for the world’s most influential thought leaders and celebrities, Tyler has managed digital campaigns for Biden for America, NBC, T-Mobile, the Grammy Awards, and countless others.
During his tenure as a producer Tyler Mount has been the recipient of three Tony Awards, a Grammy Award, and an Olivier Award, amongst others. His years of experience span Broadway, off-Broadway, and regional theatre.
Our lively and interactive question and answer session gives the students control to ask the questions they want answers to. All the speakers take to the stage to answer questions to provide different perspectives and to offer invaluable career advice from their own experience.
- Top of the RockTM
- Empire State Building
- IMAX Cinema
...and much more!
Marketing Performance & Strategies
- Understanding markets, segmentation, targeting, mass marketing
- Branding – building & protecting
- Marketing mix – the value of digital & e-commerce
Business Strategy, Decision making & Direction
- Problems & challenges when growing a business
- Influences on business decisions, technology, ethical & environmental issues, corporate & social responsibility
- Difficulties in forecasting future trends
Business Operations – Customer Service
- Identifying & understanding customer needs
- Methods & benefits of good customer service
- Changes in customer service from technology advances
Suitable for Key Stage 4 & 5 - meeting exam board specifications for AQA, OCR, EDEXCEL, WJEC and SQA.
In order to help you prepare for the Business LIVE! Event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967