Business LIVE! Student Event New York
Inspire their future career in the city that never sleeps at our NEW Business LIVE! NYC conference. Bring business studies to life for your students and fire their future career ambitions by showing them the many different paths a career in business could take at our Business LIVE! conference - all whilst enjoying the magic of the Big Apple!
New York has always had business and commerce at its very core. Home to Wall Street - the world’s largest stock market - and the iconic NASDAQ building on Times Square, New York offers business students the chance to experience a dynamic city at the heart of the global economy.
Wednesday 16th February 2022
Wednesday 15th February 2023
Who is the event for?
Key Stage 4 & 5 students of Business Studies. The event is designed to complement studies across the AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC and SAQ curriculums.
It is designed to meet course aims by encouraging and developing enthusiasm for studying business and provide quality case studies for exams.
A global hub of international business, New York, along with London and Tokyo, is one of the 3 ‘Command Centres’ for the world economy and has a significant impact on every aspect of business – from banking, finance, world trade, new media, tourism and transportation.
Further details, including confirmed speakers, coming soon!
Following the success of our LIVE! conference events in Europe, we anticipate that our New York event will be popular with school groups.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights' room only accommodation
- Return flights and overseas airport transfers
- Attendance at the 2022 Business Live! Conference
- Extensive group travel insurance
- Services of the Events Team in New York throughout your stay
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 30 paying passengers departing from selected departure points.
Expert speaker presentations - your students will hear how businesses operate in a range of different contexts, and hear how they responded to different business opportunities, problems and issues.
Q&A session - interactive question and answer sessions offering invaluable career insight and advice.
The Events Team in New York will provide support throughout your stay, they’ll:
- Meet you on arrival & assist with hotel check-in
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
- Assist with check-out & departure
Day 1 - Arrive in New York
Fly to New York, transfer to your accommodation for check-in. Visit the Empire State Building.
Day 2 - Business city experience
Wall Street Walking Tour, visit the Federal Reserve Bank. Take in a Broadway Show.
Day 3 - Business LIVE!
Business LIVE! Event. In the afternoon take the Staten Island Ferry & see the Statue of Liberty. Enjoy an evening meal at a New York restaurant.
Day 4 - Sightseeing city experience
Free time for shopping & sightseeing. Transfer to the airport for your return flight (overnight flight).
Day 5 - Return to the UK
Arrive at UK airport.
Previous speakers & activities (speakers & activities for 2022 coming soon):
Annaline Dinklemann, Wall Street Walks
Annaline is the owner and founder of Wall Street Walks - the first guided walking tour company in New York City to focus exclusively on the stock market and financial history. Annaline previously worked at Morgan Stanley where she helped implement the regulatory requirements of investor protection and legislation for money laundering prevention.
Bringing her experience of Wall Street to our stage, during this immersive event, Annaline will provide your students with key insights into what it takes to work on Wall Street - the most famous financial district in the world.
Katie has more than 15 years' experience in travel trade business management and is currently Director of Sales at Top of the Rock and Rockefeller Center.
In 2018, New York City welcomed record-breaking numbers of visitors 65.2 million, 13.5 of which were from overseas. During the event, Katie will provide an insight into the strategies and marketing effort required for a major tourist attraction to get a slice of this tourist market in a city with such iconic and famous landmarks and attractions.
Hugh Thomas, Ugly
Hugh Thomas is the CEO and Co-Founder of Ugly Drinks.
Now based in New York (USA), Hugh works as Global CEO for Ugly and leads the brand’s growth into the US market. Ugly was founded around Hugh’s kitchen table in the UK in 2016, by Hugh and his best friend, Co-Founder, Joe Benn, who both became frustrated at the lack of sugar and sweetener free beverage options on shelf. Ugly wanted to tell The Ugly Truth and take on the big soda companies that had been saying the same thing for too long.
Today Ugly is in over 4500+ stores in the UK including Tesco and Sainsburys and having launched in mid-2018, 1500+ stores in the USA with a global direct to consumer business shipping orders from London to San Francisco. Hugh started his career as a brand manager at Heinz Tomato Ketchup before joining Vita Coco as UK marketing lead and meeting his co-founder, Joe.
Interactive Trading Game
Students will take part in an interactive trading game, led by a former Wall Street professional. This fun game will introduce students to the basics of stock market trading. Who will win big and who will go bust!
Our lively and interactive question and answer session gives the students control to ask the questions they want answers to. All the speakers take to the stage to answer questions to provide different perspectives and to offer invaluable career advice from their own experience.
- Top of the RockTM
- Empire State Building
- IMAX Cinema
...and much more!
Marketing Performance & Strategies
- Understanding markets, segmentation, targeting, mass marketing
- Branding – building & protecting
- Marketing mix – the value of digital & e-commerce
Business Strategy, Decision making & Direction
- Problems & challenges when growing a business
- Influences on business decisions, technology, ethical & environmental issues, corporate & social responsibility
- Difficulties in forecasting future trends
Business Operations – Customer Service
- Identifying & understanding customer needs
- Methods & benefits of good customer service
- Changes in customer service from technology advances
Suitable for Key Stage 4 & 5 - meeting exam board specifications for AQA, OCR, EDEXCEL, WJEC and SQA.
In order to help you prepare for the Business LIVE! Event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967