Why choose a LIVE! Event?
- Leading industry professional speakers
- Ideal for exam preparation
- Industry advice on future career opportunities
- Linking the curriculum with the real world
- Build confidence & experience
- Student workbook
- Certificate of attendance
- Fun at Disneyland® Paris
Download a Maths LIVE! fact sheet
LIVE! Student Events
Inspire their future career with an immersive student event. View our full range here
Maths LIVE! Student Event at Disneyland® Paris
Show your students maths in action at our Maths LIVE! Conference on Monday 4th March 2019. Learners get the opportunity to come face to face with speakers who are specialists in their field at our Maths LIVE! conference - all whilst enjoying the magic of Disneyland® Paris!
Our expert speakers are selected to meet the learning objectives of the Maths curriculum at KS4 and students can put their own questions to our experts during a Q&A session. As part of this immersive maths event students take part in park challenges covering the fundamentals of maths at KS4 in a practical and fun way.
Meeting your learning objectives - Maths LIVE! is designed to meet course aims by encouraging students to develop confidence in mathematics and to recognise the importance of mathematics in the world around them. Learn more about our full range of LIVE! events here.
Price Shown includes
2 nights' B&B accommodation, plus 1 night overnight by coach
Return travel by executive coach
2 Day Park Ticket
Attendance at the 2019 Maths LIVE! Conference
Curriculum-linked workbook for students
Group Leader’s conference pack
1:10 free place ratio for staff on a twin room basis
Extensive group travel insurance
Services of the Events Team in Disneyland® Paris throughout your stay
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from selected departure points.
Expert speaker presentations - through real life experiences our speakers will give students the chance to hear how mathematics can be used to develop models of real situations and learn that they can be more or less effective depending on the assumptions that have been made.
Q&A session - interactive question and answer sessions will develop their knowledge and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts.
Team park challenges - enable students to select and apply mathematical techniques to solve problems and interpret mathematical information to reach conclusions within a unique learning environment.
The Events Team in Disneyland® Paris will provide support throughout your stay , they’ll:
- Meet you on arrival & assist with hotel check-in
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Host a drinks reception on the Sunday evening
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
- Assist with check-out & departure
Confirmed speakers 2019
Dr Matt Pritchard, Maths & Science Magician
Dr Matt Pritchard is a science magician and Curator of Wonder. His amazing performances both inspire and inform. Previously Matt conducted atomic physics research at Durham University. In addition to this experience, he has 19 years working as a professional magician and is an Associate of the Inner Magic Circle - one of only 300 people in the world to hold this distinction.
In 2018 he won the Hoffman Memorial lecture competition with his essay on the compatibility of science and magic. Matt is also a Fellow of the Professional Speaking Association, a finalist in their annual Speaker Factor competition and a TEDx speaker.
Steve Mould, Facilitator
Steve Mould is a Science Presenter with a reputation for providing expert knowledge and for packaging complicated scientific ideas in an accessible way.
Formerly the Blue Peter resident Science expert, he is best recognised as a regular contributor on The One Show. Steve has a Physics MA from Oxford University and works frequently with schools, giving talks and demonstrations on Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Psychology. He is adept at presenting science using comedy, music and interactive experiments and will make an excellent chair at our Live! event.
Alex Bellos, Maths Writer & Broadcaster
Alex Bellos writes and talks, most often about mathematics and puzzles. He has a natural and easy way of speaking to young audiences and mixes fascinating stories of his travels around the world, with insightful and thought provoking theories of how numbers, mathematics and culture are inextricably linked.
He spends most of his time trying to popularise Science and Maths and his books Alex's Adventures in Numberland, Alex Through the Looking-Glass and Can You Solve My Problems? are all top ten bestsellers in the UK and have been translated into more than 20 languages. He writes a maths blog and a puzzle blog for the Guardian and frequently speaks on maths at conferences, festivals, in schools and in companies. His maths blog won the prize for best science blog 2016 awarded by the Association of British Science Writers.
His natural enthusiasm is infectious making him the perfect person to bring maths to life at our Maths Live! Event.
Package options & sample itineraries
3 night overnight coach package - includes 2 day park ticket
Saturday 2 March - Tuesday 5 March 2019
Saturday: Late evening departure. Night time channel crossing
Sunday: Morning arrival at Disneyland® Paris. Day free to use your Disneyland® Pass. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Tuesday: Return coach travel.
3 night coach package - includes 2 day park ticket
Sunday 3 March - Wednesday 6 March 2019
Sunday: Morning departure for Disneyland® Paris, overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Tuesday: Day trip to Paris. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Wednesday: Morning free in the Park. Return coach travel.
2 night Eurostar package - includes 2 day park ticket
Sunday 3 March - Tuesday 5 March 2019
Sunday: Afternoon departure from St Pancras International. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in Park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Tuesday: Free time to use your Disneyland® Pass. Early afternoon departure. Arrive back in London early evening.
- Explore the parks: Disneyland® Park & Walt Disney Studios® Park
- Shopping in the Disney Village®
- Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show
- Disney Illuminations Night Time Show
- Gaumont Cinema
- Evening meal experience at Planet Hollywood or Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon
Forces & Energy
• Calculating forces, acceleration & energy used
Rollercoaster / Ride Design
• The use of geometry in ride design, time, distance & speed
Statistics & Planning
• Discover how maths plays an important role in the planning & design of Disneyland Paris
• How the different departments of the park use maths on a daily basis
Suitable for Key Stage 4 - meeting exam board specifications for AQA, OCR, EDEXCEL, WJEC & SQA.
In order to help you prepare for the Maths LIVE! Event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967