Business LIVE! Student Event at Disneyland® Paris
Inspire their future career at our Business LIVE! conference. Bring business studies to life for your students and fire their future career ambitions by showing them the many different paths a career in business could take at our Business LIVE! conference - all whilst enjoying the magic of Disneyland® Paris!
Monday 28th February 2022 - request a quote
Leading industry experts from high profile companies will deliver presentations providing relevant real-life experiences and case studies for exams to ignite your students’ aspirations whilst perfectly complementing the curriculum at KS4 and KS5. Students can also put their own questions to the experts during a Q&A session.
Meeting your learning objectives- Business LIVE! is designed to meet course aims by encouraging and developing an enthusiasm for studying business. Learn more about our full range of LIVE! events here.
Price Shown includes
- Return travel by executive coach
- 2 nights' B&B accommodation
- 1 day Hopper Park ticket
- Entrance to the Business Live! student event
- Curriculum-linked workbook for students
- Group Leader’s conference pack
- Extensive group travel insurance
- Services of the Events Team in Disneyland® Paris throughout your stay
- 1:10 free place ratio based on teachers sharing twin rooms
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from selected departure points.
Expert speaker presentations - your students will hear how businesses operate in a range of different contexts, and hear how they responded to different business opportunities, problems and issues.
Q&A session - interactive question and answer sessions offering invaluable career insight and advice.
Team park challenges - encourage students to take a step back and critically appraise the resort as a business. These challenges provide opportunity for problem solving, decision making as well as seeing in action how the brand is promoted, loyalty encouraged and profits maximised.
The Events Team in Disneyland® Paris will provide support throughout your stay, they’ll:
- Meet you on arrival & assist with hotel check-in
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Host a teacher meet & greet with coffee & pastries
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
- Assist with check-out & departure
Previous speakers include:
Tessa Clarke, OLIO
Tessa Clarke is the Co-Founder & CEO of OLIO, the world's only neighbour-to-neighbour food sharing app, with over 1 million users worldwide.
After studying Social & Political Sciences at Cambridge University, Tessa became a strategy consultant with the Boston Consulting Group. She then joined Emap Plc, working for a variety of brands including FHM magazine, Magic radio, Nursing Times and Retail Week.
Next Tessa joined Dyson as their first C-level director responsible for taking Dyson digital. She worked closely alongside James Dyson and the rest of the senior management team for 4 years. She then joined PayLater as MD, before taking over Wonga UK to kick-start its turnaround.
It was when moving country on her 2nd maternity leave that Tessa had the 'lightbulb' moment for OLIO. The moving men had told her to throw away all her food, and unwilling to do this, she had set out onto the streets to find someone to share it with, and failed. Thus the idea for OLIO was born - a food sharing app that connects users with food they don't want or need, with neighbours living nearby who would like it.
In just over 3 years, 1 million people have joined OLIO and 1.5 million portions of food have been shared. This is largely thanks to the 30,000+ volunteers who have become OLIO Ambassadors in their local communities. and the 4,000 Food Waste Heroes who are collecting and redistributing unsold food from local businesses via the app.
In 2018 OLIO's pioneering work was recognised by the United Nations as an example of a truly scalable solution to the problem of climate change, and given a coveted "Momentum for Change" award. OLIO has also won numerous other awards including Chivas The Venture in the UK, The Europas, Sustainable Cities, Feel Good Brands and the Digital Agenda Impact Awards. OLIO is a member of the Mayor of London's international Business Programme, is part of the select Upscale programme and in 2018 was accepted as an Unreasonable company.
Tessa is a knowledgeable and engaging speaker, who talks on a range of topics, including The Entrepreneurial Journey, innovation, 'tech for good', diversity, the future of business and work, and sustainability.
Fraser Doherty, SuperJam & Beer 52
“My story shows that what can start as a passion, with love and hard work, can grow into something amazing. Something that changes your life.”
Fraser Doherty started his incredible business career at the age of just fourteen. After being taught how to make jam in his Grandmother’s kitchen in Scotland, he came up with a way of making jam 100% from fruit. At sixteen, he presented his brand, SuperJam, to Waitrose and went on to become the youngest ever supplier to a major supermarket.
SuperJam has since grown into a company that has sold many millions of jars through thousands of supermarkets around the world. As well as being a commercial success, the business has invested in successful charitable projects - running hundreds of free tea parties for the elderly and setting up hundreds of community beekeeping projects.
Fraser has been commended by the Prime Minister at Downing Street, by HRH Prince Charles and was recently awarded a medal (MBE) “for services to business” by The Queen. He has shared his incredible story at more than 500+ conferences in 27 countries around the world, as well as in his best-selling books SuperBusiness - published in UK, US, Australia, Korea and Japan, 48 Hour Startup – published in the UK, US, Netherlands and Korea and The SuperJam Cookbook.
He is also the co-founder of Beer52; the world’s largest craft beer club and one of Scotland’s fastest-growing startup companies with more than 200,000 customers, shipping 50,000+ cases of beer a month and producing the world’s No. 1 craft beer magazine, Ferment.
Jos Opsteen, The Walt Disney Company
We are delighted to welcome Jos Opsteen who is a Business Strategy Manager to our speaker panel at Business LIVE! Jos was previously based in the the Netherlands and joined the UK Disney team in September so he brings experience of different markets to his Business presentation. The strategy team are instrumental in putting together an operations plan that will ensure the targets set by Disney HQ are implemented and met in line with the company’s overall strategy. Jos will share some of the business decisions that are made behind the scenes that make the parks a commercial success whilst retaining the magical experience that guests have come to expect.
Remel London, Facilitator of the event
Remel London is an award winning TV & Radio presenter and online video blogger.
As a blogger, Remel and has gained over 13,000 followers on twitter, as well as over 3 million views combined across several YouTube channels. A confident and experienced corporate host, Remel has hosted numerous events including, The MOBO awards nominations launch, the Music For Youth Proms at the Royal Albert Hall and the 2018 Rocking Ur Teens Girls Conference.
Remel London is very passionate about her local community and is the founder of the Showcase and Networking event The RateMePlz Live Show created to support emerging talent across the country.
In 2015 Remel London was chosen to be an official ambassador of the Rocking Ur Teens National Youth Organisation and aspires to influence young women in the UK.
Package options & sample itineraries
- Travel by coach from school, arrive at Liddington
- Evening meal
- Team-based challenge
- Travel on your coach to Cineworld ready for Maths LIVE!
- Return to centre & enjoy lunch
- High energy outdoor activity to keep everyone engaged
- Workshop & talk led by one of our conference speakers
- Evening meal
- Time for students to relax & reflect on the day
- Outdoor adventure activity for an invigorating start to the day
- Team-based challenge followed by lunch
- Check out & return to school
- Explore the parks: Disneyland® Park & Walt Disney Studios® Park
- Shopping in the Disney Village®
- Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show
- Disney Illuminations Night Time Show
- Gaumont Cinema
- Evening meal experience at Planet Hollywood or Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon
Study themes & levels
Key Stage 4 & 5 students of Business. The event is designed to complement studies across the AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC and SAQ curriculums. It is designed to meet course aims by encouraging and developing enthusiasm for studying business and provide quality case studies for exams.
- Business Strategy, Decision Making and Direction
- External Influence, Technology, Sustainability and Environment
- Corporate and Social Responsibility, Balancing Profit with Purpose
- Digital Marketing, and E-commerce
- Marketing, Performance and Strategy
- Globalisation, Growth and Emerging Markets
- Business Operations, Customer Service
- Human Resources, Employee Engagement and Motivation
Throughout the event your learners will cover the fundamentals of the Business curriculum at KS4 and KS5, supporting and complementing classroom learning.
In order to help you prepare for the Business LIVE! Event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967