FREE LUNCH at the Earl of Sandwich®
For every student when you book before the end of summer
Why choose a LIVE! event?
- Leading industry professional speakers
- Ideal for exam preparation
- Industry advice on future career opportunities
- Linking the curriculum with the real world
- Build confidence & experience
- Student workbook
- Certificate of attendance
- Fun at Disneyland® Paris
LIVE! student events
Inspire their future career with an immersive student event. View our full range here
Business LIVE! Student Event at Disneyland® Paris
Inspire their future career at our Business LIVE! conference on Monday 2nd March 2020. Bring business studies to life for your students and fire their future career ambitions by showing them the many different paths a career in business could take at our Business LIVE! conference - all whilst enjoying the magic of Disneyland® Paris!
Leading industry experts from high profile companies will deliver presentations providing relevant real-life experiences and case studies for exams to ignite your students’ aspirations whilst perfectly complementing the curriculum at KS4 and KS5. Students can also put their own questions to the experts during a Q&A session.
Meeting your learning objectives- Business LIVE! is designed to meet course aims by encouraging and developing an enthusiasm for studying business. Learn more about our full range of LIVE! events here.
Price Shown includes
- Return travel by executive coach
- 2 nights' B&B accommodation
- 1 day Hopper Park ticket
- Entrance to the Business Live! student event
- Curriculum-linked workbook for students
- Group Leader’s conference pack
- Extensive group travel insurance
- Services of the Events Team in Disneyland® Paris throughout your stay
- 1:10 free place ratio based on teachers sharing twin rooms
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from selected departure points.
Expert speaker presentations - your students will hear how businesses operate in a range of different contexts, and hear how they responded to different business opportunities, problems and issues.
Q&A session - interactive question and answer sessions offering invaluable career insight and advice.
Team park challenges - encourage students to take a step back and critically appraise the resort as a business. These challenges provide opportunity for problem solving, decision making as well as seeing in action how the brand is promoted, loyalty encouraged and profits maximised.
The Events Team in Disneyland® Paris will provide support throughout your stay, they’ll:
- Meet you on arrival & assist with hotel check-in
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Host a teacher meet & greet with coffee & pastries
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
- Assist with check-out & departure
Tessa Clarke, OLIO
Tessa Clarke is the Co-Founder & CEO of OLIO, the world's only neighbour-to-neighbour food sharing app, with over 1 million users worldwide.
After studying Social & Political Sciences at Cambridge University, Tessa became a strategy consultant with the Boston Consulting Group. She then joined Emap Plc, working for a variety of brands including FHM magazine, Magic radio, Nursing Times and Retail Week.
Next Tessa joined Dyson as their first C-level director responsible for taking Dyson digital. She worked closely alongside James Dyson and the rest of the senior management team for 4 years. She then joined PayLater as MD, before taking over Wonga UK to kick-start its turnaround.
It was when moving country on her 2nd maternity leave that Tessa had the 'lightbulb' moment for OLIO. The moving men had told her to throw away all her food, and unwilling to do this, she had set out onto the streets to find someone to share it with, and failed. Thus the idea for OLIO was born - a food sharing app that connects users with food they don't want or need, with neighbours living nearby who would like it.
In just over 3 years, 1 million people have joined OLIO and 1.5 million portions of food have been shared. This is largely thanks to the 30,000+ volunteers who have become OLIO Ambassadors in their local communities. and the 4,000 Food Waste Heroes who are collecting and redistributing unsold food from local businesses via the app.
In 2018 OLIO's pioneering work was recognised by the United Nations as an example of a truly scalable solution to the problem of climate change, and given a coveted "Momentum for Change" award. OLIO has also won numerous other awards including Chivas The Venture in the UK, The Europas, Sustainable Cities, Feel Good Brands and the Digital Agenda Impact Awards. OLIO is a member of the Mayor of London's international Business Programme, is part of the select Upscale programme and in 2018 was accepted as an Unreasonable company.
Tessa is a knowledgeable and engaging speaker, who talks on a range of topics, including The Entrepreneurial Journey, innovation, 'tech for good', diversity, the future of business and work, and sustainability.
Fraser Doherty, SuperJam & Beer 52
“My story shows that what can start as a passion, with love and hard work, can grow into something amazing. Something that changes your life.”
Fraser Doherty started his incredible business career at the age of just fourteen. After being taught how to make jam in his Grandmother’s kitchen in Scotland, he came up with a way of making jam 100% from fruit. At sixteen, he presented his brand, SuperJam, to Waitrose and went on to become the youngest ever supplier to a major supermarket.
SuperJam has since grown into a company that has sold many millions of jars through thousands of supermarkets around the world. As well as being a commercial success, the business has invested in successful charitable projects - running hundreds of free tea parties for the elderly and setting up hundreds of community beekeeping projects.
Fraser has been commended by the Prime Minister at Downing Street, by HRH Prince Charles and was recently awarded a medal (MBE) “for services to business” by The Queen. He has shared his incredible story at more than 500+ conferences in 27 countries around the world, as well as in his best-selling books SuperBusiness - published in UK, US, Australia, Korea and Japan, 48 Hour Startup – published in the UK, US, Netherlands and Korea and The SuperJam Cookbook.
He is also the co-founder of Beer52; the world’s largest craft beer club and one of Scotland’s fastest-growing startup companies with more than 200,000 customers, shipping 50,000+ cases of beer a month and producing the world’s No. 1 craft beer magazine, Ferment.
Package options & sample itineraries
3 night overnight coach package - includes 2 day park ticket
Saturday: Late evening departure. Night time channel crossing
Sunday: Morning arrival at Disneyland® Paris. Day free to use your Disneyland® Pass. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Tuesday: Return coach travel.
3 night coach package - includes 2 day park ticket
Sunday: Morning departure for Disneyland® Paris, overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Tuesday: Day trip to Paris. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Wednesday: Morning free in the Park. Return coach travel.
2 night Eurostar package - includes 2 day park ticket
Sunday: Afternoon departure from St Pancras International. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in Park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Tuesday: Free time to use your Disneyland® Pass. Early afternoon departure. Arrive back in London early evening.
- Explore the parks: Disneyland® Park & Walt Disney Studios® Park
- Shopping in the Disney Village®
- Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show
- Disney Illuminations Night Time Show
- Gaumont Cinema
- Evening meal experience at Planet Hollywood or Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon
Marketing Performance & Strategies
- Understanding markets, segmentation, targeting, mass marketing
- Branding – building & protecting
- Marketing mix – the value of digital & e-commerce
Business Strategy, Decision making & Direction
- Problems & challenges when growing a business
- Influences on business decisions, technology, ethical & environmental issues, corporate & social responsibility
- Difficulties in forecasting future trends
Business Operations – Customer Service
- Identifying & understanding customer needs
- Methods & benefits of good customer service
- Changes in customer service from technology advances
Suitable for Key Stage 4 & 5 - meeting exam board specifications for AQA, OCR, EDEXCEL, WJEC and SQA.
In order to help you prepare for the Business LIVE! Event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967