LIVE! student Events 2021 Disneyland® Paris
Book your place at LIVE! 2021 by the end of Oct & SAVE £20 per person.
Why choose a LIVE! event?
- Leading industry professional speakers
- Ideal for exam preparation
- Industry advice on future career opportunities
- Linking the curriculum with the real world
- Build confidence & experience
- Student workbook
- Certificate of attendance
- Fun at Disneyland® Paris
LIVE! student events
Inspire their future career with an immersive student event. View our full range here
Psychology LIVE! Student Event at Disneyland® Paris
Show your students psychology in action at our Psychology LIVE! conference. This immersive event will allow your students to grasp the fundamentals of human behaviours in action whilst providing relevant examples and case studies for exams.
Monday 9th March 2020 - last few group places remaining
Monday 8th March 2021 - pre-register your interest now!
Our expert speakers, who are specialist in their field, will present the most current issues with presentations linked to key topics covered in the AQA, OCR and Edexcel A-Level curriculum. Throughout the course of the weekend your learners will cover the fundamentals of the psychology curriculum at KS4 and KS5, perfectly complementing classroom learning.
Meeting your learning objectives - Psychology LIVE! is designed to meet course aims by encouraging and developing an enthusiasm for studying psychology as well as inspiration for how to progress further in the subject. Learn more about our full range of LIVE! events here.
Price Shown includes
- Return travel by executive coach
- 2 nights' B&B accommodation
- 1 day Hopper Park ticket
- Entrance to the Psychology Live! student event
- Curriculum-linked workbook for students
- Group Leader’s conference pack
- Extensive group travel insurance
- Services of the Events Team in Disneyland® Paris throughout your stay
- 1:10 free place ratio based on teachers sharing twin rooms
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from selected departure points.
Expert speaker presentations - a chance to understand how psychology is applied in the real world; the contribution of psychology to individual, social and cultural diversity, and ultimately to a successful society, providing useful and interesting case studies and examples.
Q&A session - interactive question and answer sessions with industry practitioners where students will learn about careers associated with the subject.
Team park challenges - encourage students to take a step back and look at the resort from a scientific perspective. Students are given simple experiments to complete which allow them to develop arguments and draw conclusions about how psychological principles/theories are applied across the resort in order to stimulate specific behaviours and responses.
The Events Team in Disneyland® Paris will provide support throughout your stay, they’ll:
- Meet you on arrival & assist with hotel check-in
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Host a teacher meet & greet with coffee & pastries
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
- Assist with check-out & departure
Confirmed speakers for 2020 (speakers for 2021 coming soon):
John Clifford, Centre for Clinical Hypnosis
John Clifford is a Hypnotherapist and Owner of the Centre of Clinical Hypnosis. John specializes in phobias and is the Hypnotherapist for London Zoo's Friendly Spider Programme which has been running since 1993 and has helped thousands of people face and overcome their fears!
Dr Peter Lovatt (aka Dr Dance), Psychologist
Dr Peter Lovatt is a principal lecturer and Reader in Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire, where he runs the Dance Psychology Lab.
Peter’s expertise is in experimental cognitive psychology and his work on memory, thinking, mood, language learning, problem solving, dance and Parkinson’s has been published in peer-reviewed academic journals. During his talk he will explain how changing the way we think can change our lives and he explains how the way we move influences our creativity and problem-solving ability and is influenced by your hormonal and genetic makeup.
Peter recently appeared on Britain’s Got Talent in order to ‘give the biggest lecture of his life’ as well as to experience what it felt like, psychologically, going through a reality TV audition.
His talk will energise the room and is guaranteed to get you moving!
Remel London, Facilitator of the event
Remel London is an award winning TV & Radio presenter and online video blogger.
As a blogger, Remel and has gained over 13,000 followers on twitter, as well as over 3 million views combined across several YouTube channels. A confident and experienced corporate host, Remel has hosted numerous events including, The MOBO awards nominations launch, the Music For Youth Proms at the Royal Albert Hall and the 2018 Rocking Ur Teens Girls Conference.
Remel London is very passionate about her local community and is the founder of the Showcase and Networking event The RateMePlz Live Show created to support emerging talent across the country.
In 2015 Remel London was chosen to be an official ambassador of the Rocking Ur Teens National Youth Organisation and aspires to influence young women in the UK.
Dr Kath Mashiter
Dr Kath Mashiter, former head of scientific support for Lancashire police will give her expert insight into the topic of forensics and criminology.
An expert in DNA profiling, Kath will share personal experiences from her career covering her involvement in high profile rape and murder cases, including the excavation and examination of the last of the Moors Murders victim to be found on Saddleworth Moor.
Package options & sample itineraries
3 night overnight coach package - includes 2 day park ticket
Saturday: Late evening departure. Night time channel crossing
Sunday: Morning arrival at Disneyland® Paris. Day free to use your Disneyland® Pass. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Tuesday: Return coach travel.
3 night coach package - includes 2 day park ticket
Sunday: Morning departure for Disneyland® Paris, overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Tuesday: Day trip to Paris. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Wednesday: Morning free in the Park. Return coach travel.
2 night Eurostar package - includes 2 day park ticket
Sunday: Afternoon departure from St Pancras International. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in Park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Tuesday: Free time to use your Disneyland® Pass. Early afternoon departure. Arrive back in London early evening.
Explore the parks: Disneyland® Park & Walt Disney Studios® Park
Shopping in the Disney Village®
Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show
Disney Illuminations Night Time Show
Evening meal experience at Planet Hollywood or Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon
Study themes & levels
The event is aimed at Key Stage 4 and 5 students of Psychology and is designed to complement studies within the AQA, OCR, Edexcel syllabus as well as complimenting WJEC and SQA qualifications. It is aimed at encouraging and developing an enthusiasm for the subject as well as inspiration for how to progress further in the subject.
Psychopathology and Individual Differences
- Abnormality, including deviation from social norms, and the failure to function adequately
- The behavioural, emotional and cognitive characteristics of phobias, fear and depression
- The approaches used to explain and treat phobias, including hypnosis
Forensics and Criminology
- Causes of Criminal and anti-social behaviour
- Identification and treatment of offenders
- Custodial sentencing and reform
Dance, Hormones and Thinking
- Research methods
- How we move affects creativity and problem-solving ability
- Part played by hormonal and genetic makeup.
Throughout the whole event your learners will cover the fundamentals of the Psychology curriculum at KS4 and KS5, perfectly complementing classroom learning.
In order to help you prepare for the Pyschology LIVE! Event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
I’m glad that the presentation was well received, and that students managed to learn something as well as gain a sense of what it’s like working as a forensic psychologist.
Michelle Fletcher, Clinical Psychologist
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967