FREE LUNCH at the Earl of Sandwich®
For every student when you book before the end of summer
Why choose a LIVE! event?
- Leading industry professional speakers
- Ideal for exam preparation
- Industry advice on future career opportunities
- Linking the curriculum with the real world
- Build confidence & experience
- Student workbook
- Certificate of attendance
- Fun at Disneyland® Paris
LIVE! student events
Inspire their future career with an immersive student event. View our full range here
Computing LIVE! Student Event at Disneyland® Paris
Inspire their future career at our Computing LIVE! conference on Monday 2nd March 2020. Bring computer science to life for your students and fire their future career ambitions by showing them the many different paths a career in computing could take at our Computing LIVE! conference - all whilst enjoying the magic of Disneyland® Paris!
Experts from high profile organisations will provide relevant examples and exam case studies to ignite your students’ aspirations whilst perfectly complementing the computer science curriculum at KS4 and KS5. Students can also put their own questions to the experts during a Q&A session.
Meeting your learning objectives - Computing LIVE! is designed to meet course aims by encouraging and developing an enthusiasm for studying computing, encouraging students to think creatively and innovatively whilst understanding the impact and risks of digital technology on the world around them. Learn more about our full range of LIVE! events here.
Price Shown includes
- Return travel by executive coach
- 2 nights' B&B accommodation
- 1 day Hopper Park ticket
- Entrance to the Computing Live! student event
- Curriculum-linked workbook for students
- Group Leader’s conference pack
- Extensive group travel insurance
- Services of the Events Team in Disneyland® Paris throughout your stay
- 1:10 free place ratio based on teachers sharing twin rooms
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from selected departure points.
Expert speaker presentations - through real life experiences our speakers will give students the chance to hear how mathematics can be used to develop models of real situations and learn that they can be more or less effective depending on the assumptions that have been made.
Q&A session - interactive question and answer sessions will develop their knowledge and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts.
Team park challenges - enable students to select and apply mathematical techniques to solve problems and interpret mathematical information to reach conclusions within a unique learning environment.
The Events Team in Disneyland® Paris will provide support throughout your stay, they’ll:
- Meet you on arrival & assist with hotel check-in
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Host a teacher meet & greet with coffee & pastries
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
- Assist with check-out & departure
Tom Nelson, The Walt Disney Company
As Digital Commerce Manager for Disney Destinations, Tom is responsible for defining and executing digital strategy across e-commerce platforms. He was responsible for the design, development and ongoing maintenance of the Walt Disney World e-commerce website. Online business saw a quantifiable improvement post-launch, with a significant increase in booking conversion rates and visitor time-on-site. He hand coded the HTML5, CSS and jQuery based user interface, and the VB and SQL back-end, seamlessly integrating third-party technology for flights, accommodation and payment solutions.
With over 10 years’ experience at digital agencies, Tom has delivered award-winning websites for a range of global brands, putting the customer at the heart of the experience. In 2015, Tom was recognised by Google, winning their award for inspirational digital marketers.
Rik Ferguson, Cyber Security Expert
Rik Ferguson is the Director of Security Research & Communications at Trend Micro, he is a leading expert in information security. One of the leading figures in online threats and the underground economy.
A Special Advisor to Europol EC3, a project leader with the International Cyber Security Prevention Alliance (ICSPA), and Vice Chair of the Centre for Strategic Cyberspace & Security Science. Rik was inducted into the Infosecurity Hall of Fame. A leading figure in the impact of security on consumers in the enterprise, Rik’s vast work history makes him appropriate to educate and enlighten an audience in online security.
Rik addresses the challenges emerging technology and online crime poses to the average user and to high security firms. A frequent presenter at global industry events such as the Mobile World Congress, Virus Bulletin, RUSI and the e-Crime Congress, Rik is well-versed in presenting to a large audience.
Frequently interviewed by the BBC, CNN, CNBC, Channel 4, Sky News and Al-Jazeera English and is quoted by national newspapers and trade publications throughout the world, Rik’s work gathers a high profile across the globe.
Rik writes the Countermeasures blog and is the lead spokesperson for Trend Micro, he also writes regular columns for CIO, ZDNet, T3 and several other European publications. In this position, Rik is actively engaged in research into online threats and the underground economy.
He also researches the wider implications of new developments in the Information Technology arena and their impact on security both for consumers and in the enterprise, making vital safety information accessible to a wider audience.
Prior to assuming his role at Trend Micro, he served as Security Infrastructure Specialist at EDS where he led the security design work for government projects related to justice and law enforcement and as Senior Product Engineer at McAfee focused on network security, intrusion prevention, encryption and content filtering.
Rik Ferguson holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Wales and is a Certified Ethical Hacker and CISSP-ISSAP in good standing.
Package options & sample itineraries
3 night overnight coach package - includes 2 day park ticket
Saturday: Late evening departure. Night time channel crossing
Sunday: Morning arrival at Disneyland® Paris. Day free to use your Disneyland® Pass. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Tuesday: Return coach travel.
3 night coach package - includes 2 day park ticket
Sunday: Morning departure for Disneyland® Paris, overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Tuesday: Day trip to Paris. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Wednesday: Morning free in the Park. Return coach travel.
2 night Eurostar package - includes 2 day park ticket
Sunday: Afternoon departure from St Pancras International. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in Park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Tuesday: Free time to use your Disneyland® Pass. Early afternoon departure. Arrive back in London early evening.
Explore the parks: Disneyland® Park & Walt Disney Studios® Park
Shopping in the Disney Village®
Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show
Disney Illuminations Night Time Show
Evening meal experience at Planet Hollywood or Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon
Programming & Coding
- Concepts of coding & how they are implemented in the real world
- Algorithms & data representation
- Using computational thinking to solve a wide variety of problems
- Network security principals, protocols & standards
- Encryption & ciphers
- Security breaches & cyber-attacks, legal & ethical implications
- Impact of Ecommerce on a business
- Technologies used in setting up a secure ecommerce site
- Impact of new & emerging technologies on the design of software applications
Suitable for Key Stage 4 & 5, meeting exam board specifications for AQA, OCR, EDEXCEL, WJEC and SQA.
In order to help you prepare for the Computing LIVE! Event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967