Design & Technology LIVE! Student Event at Disneyland® Paris
Inspire their future career at our Design & Technology LIVE! conference. Bring design technology to life for your students and fire their future career ambitions by showing them the many different paths a career could take at our Design & Technology LIVE! conference - all whilst enjoying the magic of Disneyland® Paris!
Monday 8th March 2021 - request a quote
Experts from high profile organisations will provide relevant examples, supporting students in their portfolio preparation and investigations with a focus on product design, technology, sustainability and ethics. Students can also put their own questions to the experts during a Q&A session.
Meeting your learning objectives - Design & Technology LIVE! will help prepare students to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world, building an awareness the implications of wider influences on design & technology. Learn more about our full range of LIVE! events here.
Price Shown includes
- Return travel by executive coach
- 2 nights' B&B accommodation
- 1 day Hopper Park ticket
- Entrance to the Design & Technology Live! student event
- Curriculum-linked workbook for students
- Group Leader’s conference pack
- Extensive group travel insurance
- Services of the Events Team in Disneyland® Paris throughout your stay
- 1:10 free place ratio based on teachers sharing twin rooms
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from selected departure points.
Expert speaker presentations - through real life experiences our speakers will give students the chance to hear about the challenges in designing new and better products for our society’s future, designing with new and smart materials, and designing for a more sustainable future.
Q&A session - interactive question and answer sessions will develop their knowledge and understanding of product design, technology, sustainability and ethics.
The Events Team in Disneyland® Paris will provide support throughout your stay, they’ll:
- Meet you on arrival & assist with hotel check-in
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Host a teacher meet & greet with coffee & pastries
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
- Assist with check-out & departure
Package options & sample itineraries
3 night overnight coach package - includes 2 day park ticket
Saturday: Late evening departure. Night time channel crossing
Sunday: Morning arrival at Disneyland® Paris. Day free to use your Disneyland® Pass. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Tuesday: Return coach travel.
3 night coach package - includes 2 day park ticket
Sunday: Morning departure for Disneyland® Paris, overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Tuesday: Day trip to Paris. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris
Wednesday: Morning free in the Park. Return coach travel.
2 night Eurostar package - includes 2 day park ticket
Sunday: Afternoon departure from St Pancras International. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Monday: LIVE! Conference, free time in Park. Overnight at Disneyland® Paris.
Tuesday: Free time to use your Disneyland® Pass. Early afternoon departure. Arrive back in London early evening.
Explore the parks: Disneyland® Park & Walt Disney Studios® Park
Shopping in the Disney Village®
Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show
Disney Illuminations Night Time Show
Evening meal experience at Planet Hollywood or Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon
- Core technical, designing & making principles
- Design processes, material techniques, equipment
- Hand craft skills, CAD, CAM, 2D & 3D modelling skills
- How D&T ideas solve real & relevant problems
- Designing new & better products for the future
- Modern & emerging technologies
Suitable for Key Stage 4 & 5, meeting exam board specifications for AQA, OCR, EDEXCEL and WJEC
In order to help you prepare for the Design & Technology LIVE! Event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967