Art & Design LIVE! Student Event New York
Inspire their future career at our Art & Design LIVE! event at the prestigious MoMA, widely considered to be one of the most impressive and diverse Modern Art museums in the world.
Taking a seat in this iconic museum your students will hear from a variety of professionals who have made art their business providing great advice and insight into the possible careers they could pursue within this sector.
The aim is to inspire their practical work through the sights and galleries of New York, but also take a look at the associated careers that arts qualifications can lead to. This unique opportunity to meet the museum curators and promoters is an exclusive chance to get a glimpse behind the scenes of some of the most famous art institutions in the world.
Wednesday 17th February 2021 - book soon to avoid disappointment
Who Is This Event For?
Aimed at Key Stage 4 & 5 students of Art & Design. The event is designed to complement studies across the AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC and SAQ curriculums. It is designed to meet course aims by encouraging students to see the world through an artist's eye, build their portfolio and provide inspiration, whilst broadening their understanding of careers in the arts.
Students will have the opportunity to ask questions of our arts professionals in a Q&A session.
Following the success of our LIVE! conference events in Europe, we anticipate that our New York event will be popular with school groups.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights' room only accommodation
- Return flights and overseas airport transfers
- Attendance at the 2020 Art & Design Live! Conference
- Extensive group travel insurance
- Services of the Events Team in New York throughout your stay
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 30 paying passengers departing from selected departure points.
Expert speaker presentations - a chance to hear from artists and art industry professionals first-hand.
Q&A session - interactive question and answer sessions where students can find out more about the speakers’ career paths and the opportunities for future study, offering inspiring and invaluable career advice for anyone considering a career within the creative world.
The Events Team in New York will provide support throughout your stay, they’ll:
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
Day 1 - Arrive in New York
Fly to New York, transfer to your accommodation for check-in. Visit the Empire State Building.
Day 2 - Art & design city experience
Brooklyn Street Art Walking Tour, visit The Met, Whitney, Guggenheim or similar. Take in a Broadway Show.
Day 3 - Art & Design LIVE!
Art & Design LIVE! event at MoMA. Enjoy an evening meal at a New York restaurant.
Day 4 - Sightseeing & sketching city experience
Free time for sketching & photography whilst sightseeing. Transfer to the airport for your return flight (overnight flight).
Day 5 - Return flight to the UK
Return flight to the UK.
Confirmed speakers for 2020 (speakers for 2021 coming soon):
Art expert from the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
During this fascinating presentation, an art expert from the Museum of Modern Art - one of the largest and most influential museums of modern art in the world - will share what a day in the life is like as a curator of the museum.
Art expert from the Metropolitan Museum of Art (the Met)
An art expert from the the Metropolitan Museum of Art - the largest museum in the US - will share a fascinating insight into what a day in the life is like as a curator of the museum.
Art expert from the Whitney Museum of American Art
Hear from an art expert at the Whitney - a museum dedicated to collecting, preserving, interpreting, and exhibiting American art with a focus on the 20th and 21st century - and learn more about the business of art museums.
- Top of the RockTM
- Empire State Building
- IMAX Cinema
- ...and much more!
- Art, Craft & Design
- Textile Design
- Three Dimensional Design
- Graphic Communication
Suitable for Key Stage 4 & 5 - meeting exam board specifications for AQA, OCR, EDEXCEL, WJEC and SQA.
In order to help you prepare for the Art & Design LIVE! event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967
LIVE! student events
Inspire their future career with an immersive student event. View our full range here
Why choose a LIVE! event?
- Leading industry professional speakers
- Ideal for exam preparation
- Industry advice on future career opportunities
- Linking the curriculum with the real world
- Build confidence & experience
- Student workbook
- Certificate of attendance
- Experience NYC!