West Coast USA Cultural School Trips & Tours
Don’t hesitate to visit America’s West Coast. With its areas of great natural beauty coupled with some of the world’s most awe-inspiring cities, you’ll be far from disappointed. Film studios strip back the glitz and glamour of Hollywood to give a true impression of what really goes on behind-the-scenes.
An array of other media and film visits and workshops, a huge selection of leisure opportunities, guided city tours and the incomparable National Park scenery, is guaranteed to leave your students wanting more.
For further options, check out the rest of our USA school trips.
Price Shown includes
- 5 nights’ room only accommodation
- Return flights & airport transfers in resort
- Coach transportation throughout your stay
- Visits including: San Francisco tour, Muir Woods, Death Valley National Park, Grand Canyon, Pier 39 & Fishermans Wharf
- Services of a Local Guide in San Francisco only
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 35 paying passengers departing from a London airport in Jan 2019 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Airport assistance during check-in, security and gate checks on your outbound flight from the UK
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
Additional on-tour support available...
- Services of a Local Guide in San Francisco
San Francisco Tour
The city lies on the world-renowned San Andreas Fault, and is well documented for its approaches to hazard management. Admire the amazing view of the city from Twin peaks, opt for a San Francisco Bay cruise under Golden Gate Bridge, visit Alcatraz, or head down to the famous Fisherman’s Wharf and Pier 39. We highly recommend a visit to the new California Academy of Sciences for all groups. The Academy recently opened a new 400,000 square foot facility which houses an aquarium, a planetarium, a natural history museum, and a four-storey rainforest all under one roof.
An opportunity to observe a truly remarkable ecosystem, only 30 minutes from San Francisco! On your morning coach excursion, pupils will observe the diversity of flora and fauna. Giant Redwood Sequoia trees will provide an excellent opportunity to enhance understanding of ecosystems.
Death Valley National Park
Pupils can experience first-hand Death Valley’s harsh, arid environment, dramatic scenery and landscapes. Your group will cross over the 5,000ft Towne Pass before taking a closer look at the desert. One of the hottest places on earth, this region is contrasted by the dramatic backdrop of snow-capped mountains.
This vast chasm is arguably one of the most spectacular geographical sites in the world. Opt to take one of several set walks to explore this awe-inspiring canyon. A once in a lifetime opportunity!
Pier 39 & Fishermans Wharf
Pier 39 and Fishermans Wharf is a shopping centre and popular tourist attraction built on a pier in San Francisco. At Pier 39 there are shops, restaurants, a video arcade, street performers, an interpretive centre for the marine mammal centre, the aquarium of the bay, virtual 3D rides and views of California sea lions hauled out on docks on Pier 39’s marina.
This visit takes pupils beyond the classroom to bring education to life. Take learning to a new level with Universal Studies - the hands on, inside out, real life, beyond the imagination educational programme available at Universal Studios, that will will excite and inspire your pupils.
Hoover Dam Tours
For groups staying for two nights in Vegas, a visit to the famous Hoover Dam is a must. You can take a 30 minute tour of the Hoover Dam power plant and take a look around the visitors centre. Alternatively, opt for the hour long guided tour, which includes the 30 minute option plus a tour of the passageways of the dam itself.
Yosemite National Park
A wilderness park renowned for the mountain and valley scenery, waterfalls, grand meadows and forests containing the groves of giant sequoias.
May to October only due to seasonal weather.
This glitzy city, built in the middle of the desert, is a testimony to man’s ability to overcome the challenge of the physical environment. Its main street and focal point is the Strip, just over 4 miles long. This boulevard is home to themed hotels with elaborate displays such as fountains synchronized to music as well as replicas of an Egyptian pyramid, the Venetian Grand Canal, and the Eiffel Tower.
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967