New York Cultural School Trips & Tours
Take an even bigger bite of the Big Apple with NST. Absorb the bright lights and pizzazz of Broadway with its shows and musicals guaranteed to get your group’s toes tapping.
Take in the art scene at some world-renowned museums and galleries. Visit top media organisations to get the low-down on TV, film and radio production. Explore the origins of the Civil Rights Movement. Discover the city’s past as an arrival port for 20th century migrants. Learn more about the heart of US finance on Wall Street. Plus, benefit from great group prices too.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ room only accommodation
- Return flights and overseas airport transfers
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers from selected departure points in November 2022 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
- Pre-booked and pre-paid subway tickets
- A choice of packed lunches for your group throughout your stay
- Airport assistance during check-in, security and gate checks on your outbound flight from the UK
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
Empire State Building
Venture over a quarter of a mile skyward and observe as your group takes in the scale of the immense urban landscape which opens up before them. This is a great way for your students to gain artistic inspiration away from the hustle and bustle of the streets below. A particularly popular evening visit.
See a spectacular Broadway performance - entertainment at its greatest! Choose from shows such as Wicked, Chicago and The Lion King.
Top of the Rock™
Experience the best and most complete daytime view of New York City! Bring your sketchbook with you and you’ll be spoilt for choice over what to sketch. The unparalleled views of New York’s landmarks include Central Park, the Chrysler Building, Times Square, the Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue of Liberty – simply the most spectacular view in the city!
Take in a spectacular view of Manhattan from the water, and pick out the many famous landmarks which dominate its skyline.
Walking Tour of Midtown Manhattan
Experienced in dealing with groups, our local guides will bring the history and culture of New York to life. Students will be amazed as they walk down world-famous streets such as Fifth Avenue, 42nd Street and Broadway and through Central Park and Times Square.
Walking Tour of Downtown Manhattan
Our expert guides can lead students through the neighbourhoods of Chinatown, Little Italy, SoHo and along Wall Street and Battery Park to give your group an insight into Manhattan life and the history of the city.
The Statue of Liberty Cruise & Ellis Island Immigration Museum
Alongside the ultimate landmark of New York and one of the most universal symbols of political freedom and democracy, the Ellis Island Museum is dedicated to the history of immigration and the important role this island claimed during the mass migration of humanity in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
A 45-minute audio tour invites students to relive the immigrant experience as if they were the new arrivals and includes artifacts, photos, interactive displays and videos including the award winning ‘Island of Hope, Island of Tears’.
You will visit the island as part of a short boat cruise passing the Statue of Liberty, which was the first sight for the millions of immigrants.
The 9/11 memorial was dedicated on September 11, 2011 in a ceremony for victims’ families. The memorial honours the 2,983 who perished in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993. The memorial allows visitors to come together again in the spirit of unity and courage that emerged in the wake of 9/11. The memorial consists of two pools set in the footprints of the Twin Towers, surrounded by a plaza of more than 400 trees. The names of the victims are inscribed in bronze around the pools.
Metropolitan Museum of Art
New York’s premier cultural attraction is one of the world’s greatest repositories of art. Offers paintings, sculpture, furniture and all manner of precious objects from across the continents and ancient civilisations. An excellent foundation of inspiration for those interested in the work of other cultures.
Museum of Modern Art (MoMa)
Located in the heart of New York City, The Museum of Modern Art is home to the world's greatest collection of modern and contemporary art. From the painting and sculpture of the 1880s to the film, design, and performance art of today, MoMA provides inspiration for visitors of all ages.
Located in New York City, the world's first and foremost vertical metropolis, The Skyscraper Museum celebrates the City's rich architectural heritage and examines the historical forces and individuals that have shaped its successive skylines. Through exhibitions, programs and publications, the Museum explores tall buildings as objects of design, products of technology, sites of construction, investments in real estate, and places of work and residence.
Yankee Stadium Tour
This classic tour of the famous Yankee Stadium includes visits to New York Yankees Museum presented by Bank of America, Monument Park, MasterCard, Batters Eye Café and Press Box. Why not extend your visit by staying for lunch or, during the season, catching a game too!
Madison Square Garden All Access Tour
Get an insider’s look at the world’s most famous arena with the ‘All Access Tour!’ Explore exclusive VIP areas of the state-of-the-art arena and commemorate over 130 years of legendary Garden history.
Exclusive, behind-the-scenes access:
- Visit the spectacular new Chase Bridges, suspended high above the arena floor
- Step inside the Knicks and Rangers locker rooms
- Relive historic moments with the new ‘Garden 366’ retrospective and ‘Defining Moments’ exhibit
- Get VIP treatment with access to luxury suites, including the Delta Sky360 Club
- Plus much more for THE ultimate insider’s look!
One World Observatory
The 104 storey building stands on the World Trade Center site in Manhattan - giving amazing views of the city as well as interactive exhibitions on the building and the city. Groups will ascend to the 102nd observation floor in under 60 seconds in one of five sky pod elevators!
Macy’s is one of the world’s largest department stores and one of the last turn-of-the-century department stores in existence. Take a tour around the shop floor and focus on merchandising, product advertising and the company’s history.
RiseNY - Part Museum. Part Ride.
RiseNY pairs museum-style galleries with an amusement park-quality ride.
Begin your adventure with an immersive film by an award-winning documentarian that transitions to an interactive self-guided walkthrough tracing tipping points in history that helped shape Music, Fashion, TV, Theater and more in each dedicated gallery:
- Discover the rise of Wall Street and The New York Stock Exchange in the Finance Gallery.
- Learn the history of mass media with Telsa’s Coil in the TV/Radio Gallery.
- Understand the law of physics through the Otis elevator brake in the Skyline Gallery.
- Visual, language and performing arts come to life in the Fashion, Music, Broadway and Film Galleries.
Then, board an extraordinary elevator experience that transports you to a spectacular virtual soaring ride! Feel the rush of wind in your hair as you “fly” over the world’s most stunning skyline.
- Top of the RockTM
- Empire State Building
- IMAX Cinema
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967