Barcelona Cultural School Trips & Tours
A cultural school trip to the cosmopolitan city of Barcelona certainly won’t disappoint! The seaside city is steeped in history, offering a diverse range of educational visits and language enrichment experiences. NST can tailor-make your study tour itinerary to ensure that your pupils have the opportunity to explore this colourful destination whilst building on classroom-based learning.
During an NST cultural school trip to Barcelona, pupils will experience all things Catalonian. The rich history of the city, as well as the talents of its artists including Gaudí, Picasso and Dalí, is visible throughout the city’s many museums, landmarks and attractions.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ B&B accommodation
- Return flights and overseas airport transfers
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers from selected departure points in March 2021 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Airport assistance during check-in, security and gate checks on your outbound flight from the UK
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
- Services of an NST Barcelona City Representative to assist with check-in and provide 24-hour assistance
This historic, hilly area provides the best views of Barcelona. Students can explore its wide range of attractions, including the Olympic Stadium and the famous Spanish Village, Poble Espanyol, as well as artisan workshops and tapas bars. The Magic Fountain of Montjuïc offers a spectacular display of colour, light, movement, water and music too!
La Sagrada Família
Gaudí’s unfinished masterpiece remains a popular tourist attraction and a world renowned emblem of the city. Students will be amazed by its sheer size and its architectural complexity.
Based on Gaudí’s plans of 1954, this stunning building is still under construction and is due to be completed in 2026.
Camp Nou Stadium
This world-famous football stadium offers students the opportunity to experience the awe-inspiring size of this venue whilst also learning about the heritage and history of Barcelona FC.
Take a visit to the famous park which was designed by Antonio Gaudí. Beautiful examples of his extraordinary work can be seen here. The serpentine pathways take you on a journey past a magnificent fusion of architecture and natural forms, benches shaped like dragons, a gatehouse topped with fly agaric mushrooms and Casa Batlló’s melting façade, resembling skulls, masks and sharks teeth. The park’s high-point also provides fabulous views of the city.
A fascinating visit for all groups and a must for anyone studying 3D.
Students will enjoy wandering along this famous street with its variety of shops, cafés, market stalls and street entertainers.
Originally a Roman Village, this beautiful area is a fantastic combination of old and new with the main attraction of a stunning cathedral. The narrow winding streets, with their many shops and eateries, are great for exploring!
Las Golondrinas Boat Trip
This 60 minute trip across the Port of Barcelona will allow you to see the main cultural sites along the Port area, including the Maremagnum, Aquarium, the ‘Porta d’Europa’ bridge, a great view of the castle and Montjuïc.
Art Galleries & Museums
The city is home to a number of fascinating art galleries and museums including the Modern Art Museum and the Picasso Museum.
A complete village consisting of streets and squares with reconstructions of famous or characteristic buildings from all over Spain. Students can practise their language skills in the many buildings housing working craftspeople, souvenir shops, cafés and restaurants. Interactive workshops on Spanish crafts such as ceramics and leather jewellery, and Spanish cooking are also available for groups at Poble Espanyol.
The markets at La Boqueria on the Ramblas (daily) and Plaça de les Glories (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) are the ideal place to put language skills to the test and pick up a bargain.
Tapas Tasting Evening
Taste a wide variety of traditional Spanish dishes at this fun and popular evening activity. Available within all resorts.
The renovated harbour area has a number of attractions including the IMAX Cinema and Maremagnum. Students can explore the largest aquarium in Europe, observing over 450 different species and marvellous underwater scenes. Visit the wide range of shops, eateries, an arcade games centre and a state-of-the-art large screen cinema, offering 3D movie experiences, too!
We have been working closely with PortAventura to bring you the very best value tickets.
PortAventura has everything to make a trip here unforgettable! Both students and teachers will have a great time in the two amazing parks. PortAventura Park is an astonishing amusement park divided in six thematic areas with many rides and shows. Costa Caribe Aquatic Park is a water park packed with waves and slides.
Together you can travel around the six themed areas of the park: Mediterrània, China, México, Polynesia, Far West and SésamoAventura. Take in several shows, from the dazzling wonders of Teatro Imperial in China to the exotic dances of Polynesia and then enjoy the thrills and spills of the many, many rides.
Activities & enrichment week trip ideas
Take your culture vultures to this fabulous seaside city which is steeped in history, with amazing art and architecture. This is a jam-packed full-on four-day trip!
Whether your pupils want to look around the colossal Nou Camp Stadium or marvel at the magnificent Sagrada Família, there is something for everyone in Barcelona.
• Take part in a Flamenco class – a true cultural experience from Spain’s musical heritage.
• Tapas tasting - taste a wide variety of traditional Spanish dishes.
• Poble Espanyol - A complete village consisting of streets and squares with reconstructions of famous or characteristic buildings from all over Spain.
• Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - An expert guide will take your group around the facilities:
The Briefing Room, Race Control, the Paddock, the Podium, the Media Centre and the Pit Garages.
• Visit the world famous Nou Camp Stadium and experience the awe-inspiring size of this venue, whilst also learning about the heritage and history of Barcelona FC.
• La Sagrada Família - Gaudí’s unfinished masterpiece remains a popular tourist attraction and a world-renowned emblem of the city.
• Take a visit to the famous Park Güell which was also designed by Antonio Gaudí.
• Visit the Gothic Quarter which was originally a Roman Village. The narrow winding streets, with their many shops and eateries, are great for exploring!
• Take a Las Golondrinas boat trip across the Port of Barcelona.
• Spend a day at PortAventura, which has everything to make a school trip unforgettable!
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967
“Our tour to Barcelona was well planned, with representatives provided by NST always there on time and helpful. Any coach journeys or transfers always arrived on time and were of good quality. It was a very successful trip.”
Michael Anderton, Sheldon School