Rhine & Moselle Cultural School Trips & Tours
The region offers a wide range of visits that give an insight into German life and a safe and welcoming environment within which to practise language skills. NST offers an excellent choice of accommodation serving the needs of school groups and our tailor-made itineraries will add real value to your classroom based learning.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ B&B accommodation
- Executive coach transport from and to school and throughout your stay
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 8 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers from selected departure points in November 2022 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- A choice of packed lunches for your group throughout your stay
Rhine River Cruise
A highly enjoyable way for groups to travel to their daily visits, stopping in a host of towns including Cologne, Bonn, Königswinter, Koblenz, Boppard, St Goarshausen and Rüdesheim. Moselle River cruises can be arranged from Traben-Trarbach to Bernkastel-Kues and Cochem to Zell.
A fabulous place to spend the day. Groups can visit the ‘Bimmelbahn’ mini-train, cathedral and the zoo.
Take a tour, in German, of this excellent museum in Cologne. Watch the manufacturing process and learn about the history of chocolate, plus, there are also free samples to take away!
Since 1967, Phantasialand has been providing top-quality entertainment for visitors of all ages.
Phantasialand is one of Europe’s top entertainment parks. Situated in Brühl near Cologne in the heart of the Rhineland, it is the number one German entertainment park for youth groups from the UK.
Seven themed areas with worldwide unique attractions and internationally multi-award-winning shows, promise to be great fun and an educational experience for your group. Each themed area has its own individual character but they all have one thing in common: the potential for learning through experience. And when the summer season has finished, Phantasialand is also the place to head for winter fun! Its winter season features all the favourite rides as well as special winter shows and exciting bonus attractions.
Fill out our quiz sheets in German as you tour this fabulous medieval castle.
Burg Eltz Castle
One of the most beautifully preserved castles in Germany.
Students can explore this fabulous town or take the cable-car to Niederwald monument and the wine museum to see how wine is made. The fabulous toy museum is a firm favourite, showcasing toys from the last 100 years.
This enjoyable town experience provides students with opportunities to speak, learn and listen in German.
Visits include the Hunsrück Railway, Carmelite Church and Monastery, mini-golf, forest walks and the Sesselbahn (chairlift) to the ‘Vierseen-blick’ for the famous four lakes view. A mini-train offers a 40-minute tour around Boppard, past the remains of the fortifying walls that date back to the Romans and Middle Ages. German commentary is available.
This popular town is a favourite for students to explore.
A great place to explore and practise language skills. Alongside the many shops and cafés, popular visits in the town include the ‘Deutsches Eck’, a spectacular viewpoint where the Rhine and Moselle rivers meet.
Trier is the oldest city in Germany, founded by the Romans and despite a turbulent history, an amazing amount of the city’s past has been preserved, with pride of place going to the impressive Roman monuments. The city has an abundance of opportunities for students to practise language skills, including the marketplace, cathedral, baths and toy museum.
A visit to this bowling alley in Koblenz is a popular evening activity.
The Freizeitbad Tauris swimming pool is available in the evenings for groups.
- A quiz or disco at your hotel (many hotels can provide a room for groups to use in the evenings)
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967