Madrid Cultural School Trips & Tours
Soak up the Spanish culture and explore the many museums, monuments and parks during an NST cultural school trip to this colourful city. Madrid combines a modern infrastructure with an important cultural and artistic heritage, the legacy of centuries of fascinating history. With a range of cultural and educational visits to choose from, a trip to the city is certain to inspire your pupils.
Located at the very heart of mainland Spain, Madrid is a large and lively city. During a school trip to this exciting and cosmopolitan destination, your pupils will be able to practise their Spanish language skills whilst enjoying a range of language-focused and educational visits, and soaking up the vibrant Spanish culture of this city.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ B&B accommodation
- Return flights and overseas airport transfers
- Services of an NST City Representative
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 35 paying passengers departing from a London airport in February 2022 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
- Services of an NST Madrid City Representative to assist with check in and provide 24-hour assistance
Additional on-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
Guided Walking Tour of Madrid
Experienced in taking youth groups, our local guides will bring the history and culture of Madrid to life. Students will be amazed as they walk down world-famous streets such as Gran Via and through Madrid’s many plazas.
Located right at the heart of Madrid’s cultural centre, the Prado is home to many European masterpieces. The extensive collection of historical works by artists such as Goya, Velázquez and El Greco celebrates Spanish heritage and clearly defines links to all the other major European schools.
La Puerta del Sol
This well-known and busy square houses many important statues including the bear and madrone tree (Madrid’s heraldic symbol), shops, cafés and occasional street music.
Football Club Tour
Choose from Real Madrid's stadium, or the Spanish Football National Stadium and take a guided tour of the trophy room, the pitch and players’ tunnel and everything behind the scenes!
Reina Sofia Museum
Completing the cultural triangle of museums in Madrid, this centre houses a permanent collection of Spanish modern and contemporary art and is home to Picasso’s Guernica.
Casa de Campo
Groups will enjoy visiting this large urban park with its range of activities and man-made lake. The southern part also houses a zoo and large amusement park.
Las Ventas Bullring
Groups can take a guided tour of the stadium and discover the origins of the traditional spectacle of bullfighting.
The prestigious collection consists of over a thousand pieces and was once labelled the most important private art collection in the world. The galleries host many modern masters of the 20th century movements documenting the influences of Van Gogh, Monet and Mondrian among others.
El Rastro (Flea Market)
Groups can use their language skills to purchase bargains galore at this popular, bustling flea market, where there truly is something for everyone!
Language Workshops at Madrid Language School
In a relaxed environment, students will take part in speaking and listening sessions with native speakers, greatly enhancing their learning experience. This centrally-located school focuses on working at your group’s current skill level with workshops that involve topics linked to visits in the city. Groups are split into a maximum of 15 to encourage participation.
Warner Bros Movie World
A magical and fun-packed visit for all your students, with 25 fabulous attractions. Its four areas contain numerous opportunities to experience and enjoy some of the largest and fastest rides in Europe.
An evening at a bowling alley in Madrid is always popular with groups.
Groups can spend an evening at Madrid’s ice-rink.
Groups can try the heart-stopping and passionate art of Flamenco dancing, a true cultural experience from Spain’s musical heritage.
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967
“Our tour to Madrid was excellent. NST were able to plan in the coach for me to go to my Spanish link school too, and the driver was very amenable, gave me his phone number and I was able to ring him easily and change the meeting point. Excellent service from NST.”
Alice Semple, Queen Elizabeth Grammar School