Krakow Music School Tours
With a wonderful cultural heritage, this increasingly popular city has a fabulous range of formal venues. We highly recommend Krakow as an alternative concert tour destination for established, quality choirs and orchestras and our relationship with the concert promoters ensure consistently good audiences.
Price Shown includes
- 4 nights' half board accommodation
- Return flights and overseas airport transfers
- Organisation & publicity of 3 concerts
- Coach transportation for 3 concerts
- Services of a Concert Assistant in resort
- Extensive group travel insurance
- Generous free place ratio of 1 in 10
Price shown is based on 35 paying passengers departing from a London airport in April 2020 and is subject to availability.
Get even more from your trip with an NST Music Tour Manager! Call us for details.
On-tour support includes...
Top performance venues
Church of St Peter & St Paul
This 17th century grand Baroque church, styled on Rome’s Chiesa del Gesu, has an excellent location in the Old Town and has proved extremely popular with both choral and chamber groups.
The Gardens of Archaeological Museum (St Michael’s Hall)
This major concert venue is host to many classical performances during the summer, including those by the Krakow Philharmonic.
This ornate city church is frequently used for concerts and is ideally-located in the middle of the town centre.
St Joseph’s Church, Auschwitz
Built as a memorial to the Italian victims at Auschwitz, this magnificent church is regularly used for concerts and, through its exceptional stained glass windows, also provides students with an insight into the history of the Holocaust.
Cultural Centres & Concert Halls
These centres are responsible for the cultural and artistic events in the towns and therefore offer superb auditoriums for all types of performances and have wonderful concert facilities.
Wieliczka Salt Mine
With a labyrinth of tunnels, Wieliczka Salt Mine is an eerie underworld which has been hand carved from salt blocks. Located 14km south east of Krakow, here your group have the opportunity to view a section of the mine and 22 chambers connected by galleries. A fascinating trip.
Following the Nazi invasion of Poland in September 1939, Oświęcim was incorporated into the domains of the Third Reich. The town’s name was changed to Auschwitz and it became the largest concentration and death camp. Today, as a museum, Auschwitz serves as a poignant reminder of the horrors of Hitler’s tyranny and a guided visit will give students a fuller view of the terrible events and conditions, also allowing consideration of key study themes, including obedience, prejudice, tyranny and much more.
Auschwitz is a one-hour coach journey from Krakow and is a truly emotive and thought-provoking visit.
The Old Town Square
Visit Rynek Główny (Town Square), the largest in medieval Europe, Mariacki Church (St Mary’s Church) of Gothic origins with its fine altar, Sukiennice (Cloth Hall) of vast proportions and view the University District and the Collegium Maius - the historic heart of the university area.
Krakow Under Nazi Occupation Museum
Also referred to as the Schindler Museum, this visit not only tells Schindler's story but covers every aspect of the Polish and Polish-Jewish experience of occupation in a way that is hugely relevant to British students. We thoroughly recommend this excellent museum, made famous by Spielberg's film, Schindler's List.
Traditional Jewish Restaurant
Enjoy Jewish culture with a traditional Jewish meal at a local restaurant, with a range of delicacies to be experienced, including czulent (bean casserole), knyshe (dumplings) and stuffed gooseneck.
In a fortified position overlooking the river and city are the Castle and Cathedral.
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967