Valkenburg Music School Tours
Situated close to the borders of Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg, this popular Dutch resort has been a favourite of music groups for years. NST can provide an itinerary that gives your group the opportunity to perform in four countries during one school music tour!
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ full board accommodation
- Executive coach transport from & to school & throughout your stay
- Organisation & publicity of 3 concerts
- Extensive group travel insurance
- Generous free place ratio of 1 in 8
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from England and Wales in September 2021 and is subject to availability.
Top performance venues
St Jan Church, Maastricht
This historic church welcomes groups of all musical styles.
Bandstand Vrijthof, Maastricht
Performances at this bandstand on the popular Vrijthof Square, located in Maastricht’s pedestrian area, are always well received by shoppers and diners. André Rieu’s concerts usually take place here during the summer though, so if you would like to perform here, it is best to avoid travelling in July!
Place d’Armes, Luxembourg City
This imposing bandstand in the city centre is perfect for instrumental groups, attracts great audiences and is well worth the drive into Luxembourg.
Drielandenpunt Labyrint, Vaals
This outdoor maze, situated on Mount Vaals at the tripoint of Holland, Germany and Belgium, is a fantastic location for lively groups to perform outdoors for other visitors to the attraction.
Spa Garden, Aachen
Groups perform on the terrace of the café in these city gardens. An indoor alternative is available in poor weather.
A variety of groups are welcome to perform on the historic market place in this lovely town across the German border.
Familiepark Mondo Verde
Musical ensembles are given the unique opportunity of performing at this attraction which combines world gardens, dinosaur gardens, a zoo and family theme park. Audition material is required.
Mondriaan, Heerlen & Maastricht
These residential care centres always give our groups a very warm welcome and have great facilities.
Schools & Retirement Centres
There are a variety of ‘community based’ venues in the area that are happy to host concerts, particularly in Haarlem, Heerlen and Valkenburg.
Cultural Centre, Spa
The events hall, theatre and rooms of this delightful cultural centre can be hired for concert.
Efteling Theme Park
Guest groups may audition to give acoustic performances at the popular and largest theme park in the Netherlands (selected dates only).
Valkenburg Town Caves
Explore the extensive labyrinth of corridors on a guided tour of these fascinating caves, created by the Romans and later used by criminals as hiding places.
Valkenburg Chairlift & Toboggan Ride
Take the chairlift to the 90m high viewing platform, providing spectacular views. Students can then experience the 350m long toboggan run.
“Valkenburg and the South Limburg region offer the ideal destination for bands with popular programmes (as well as less experienced performing groups), who are looking to perform in a variety of venues, especially open-air locations. It is also easy to create a truly ‘international’ tour from this accommodation base in the Netherlands, due to its proximity to Belgium, Germany and even Luxembourg.”
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967