The Midlands Business Studies School Trips & Tours
Home to one of the UK’s leading theme parks, and world famous companies such as Cadbury, Jaguar Land Rover, Denby Pottery and JCB, a visit to the Midlands is a must for business studies groups for its diverse array of visits, with a chance to look at marketing strategies, production, logistics, business responsibilities and priorities.
Price Shown includes
- 2 night’s bed & breakfast accommodation
- Executive coach transport from and to school & throughout your stay
- Group travel insurance
- 1 in 8 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from a Zone A departure point in November 2017 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
- A choice of packed lunches for your group throughout your stay
Alton Towers Resort & Workshops
Enjoy the thrill of the many rides and captivate your pupils with a series of engaging workshops, delivered in the heart of Alton Towers Resort by members of the Business Team. Each workshop is curriculum-linked and designed to deliver a unique and memorable learning experience.
Alton Towers as a Business
Covering 30 years of Alton Towers Resort and how the brand has evolved. Pupils will learn more about brand positioning, utilising profits, the organisational structure and the business aims.
Pupils will get the chance to discuss the objectives of the marketing department and use past and present campaigns to show the principles of advertising, promotion and market research.
It’s of paramount importance that all visitors are happy. Find out how Alton Towers motivate their teams to deliver excellent customer service and how they manage customer expectations. Other talks available at the Alton Towers Resort are:
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Business Studies – Main Departments
Cadbury World Talk & Tour
With 25 years’ experience and more than 2,000 school groups attending each year, Cadbury World has become a valuable educational resource for pupils of all ages. Talks have been specifically designed for KS3, 4 & 5 and can be arranged to complement your Cadbury World Tour in Business Studies which can include Marketing, People in Business and Investigating Business.
JCB Factory Tour
Your visit will begin with a welcome from JCB, followed by a short presentation in the JCB Theatre showing a video on the global manufacturing facilities and products. Afterwards you will be invited by one of the Tour Guides to attend a personal tour of the new 'Story of JCB' exhibition and the JCB shop. The tour will then move on to the assembly line and the office facilities.
Jaguar Land Rover Factory Tour
An exciting guided tour of the Jaguar or Land Rover factory covers the press shop, body in white build, trim and final stage and car dispatch with an explanation of Right-First-Time, Just-In-Time and Lean Working to show how a modern manufacturing facility operates. A video detailing the history and product range is also shown and there are a number of activities available to support a variety of curriculum areas. We can arrange for guest speakers from within the company to talk on a particular subject.
Jaguar Land Rover Experience Gaydon
Get even closer to Jaguar Land Rover and enjoy privileged access to restricted vehicle development areas to see the rigorous tests and design procedures that every Land Rover vehicle undergoes. At their engineering headquarters your group will experience the virtual world of new vehicle design and development. Thanks to the cutting-edge technology, your group can see your favourite Land Rover models from inside and out.
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967