Book by the end of October & save
Save an extra £10pp on the price shown. Find out more.
Enjoy our loyalty reward
Save £5pp from your first consecutive year of travel onwards. Click here for more information.
Free inspection visit
Qualify for a 2 night complimentary stay for 2 people in your chosen destination. Find out more.
Rome Religious Studies School Trips & Tours
Uncover the delights of this ‘Eternal City’ including attending events such as the weekly Papal group audience on Wednesdays or the Sunday Papal Blessing in St Peter’s Square.
As the leading school travel company in Rome, NST will make sure your group uncover the delights of this ‘Eternal City’ during your religious school trip here. For any religious studies group, a school trip to Italy, and Rome in particular, is undoubtedly an unforgettable experience.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ bed & breakfast accommodation
- Return flights & overseas airport transfers
- Excursions to the Vatican City, Colosseum, Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, Basilica of San Giovanni in Laterano
- Services of an NST City Representative to assist with check-in and provide 24 hour assistance
- Services of a Local Guide
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 35 paying passengers departing from a London airport in November 2018 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
- Services of an NST City Representative to assist with check-in and provide 24-hour assistance
- Services of a Local Guide
Additional on tour support available...
- Services of a Specialist Guide
St Peter’s Basilica
In Catholic tradition, this is the burial site of its namesake. Famous as a place of pilgrimage and for its historical associations. Like all the earliest churches in Rome, St Peter’s has its entrance to the east and the apse at the west of the building.
Ancient tradition suggests that St Peter’s Basilica was built where Peter, the apostle who is considered the first Pope, was crucified and buried in AD64. Today, the chapel houses many masterpieces.
This is the most prominent building inside the Vatican City, its dome being a dominant feature of the Roman skyline. Papal ceremonies take place here due to its size, proximity to the Papal residence, and location within the Vatican City walls.
Amaze students with the monumental size and grandeur of the world’s largest surviving structure of Roman antiquity, the scene of the legendary and savage gladiatorial games.
This, the largest monument of Ancient Rome, seated more than 50,000 spectators in its day. Your students will see the location where fights between men and beasts, gladiatorial contests, races and simulated naval battles took place.
Vatican Museums (including the Sistine Chapel)
The most famous chapel in the world, decorated by the greatest artists of the Renaissance. The Sistine Chapel and the Stanze della Segnatura, decorated by Raphael, are on the visitor route through the Vatican Museums. This chapel represents a collection quite unique in the history of painting.
Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore
Santa Maria Maggiore is one of the four Patriarchal Basilicas of Rome and the largest Catholic Marian church in the city.
Basilica of San Giovanni in Laterano
San Giovanni is the most ancient church in the world.
Built as a temple to all the gods and rebuilt circa 126AD during Hadrian’s reign, it’s still in use today. A marvel of Roman engineering and, until the middle of the 20th century, the largest masonry dome built.
The most central of the Seven Hills of Rome is one of the most ancient parts of the city. See the ruins of the Imperial Palaces and the Hut of Romulus, as well as a great view of the Circus Maximus. Explore the pleasant gardens or see vibrant frescos in the house of Augustus.
The Roman Forum
This site holds the remains of what once was the civic and political heart of the Roman Empire. The site was excavated in the 19th and 20th centuries.
The harbour city of ancient Rome is 20 miles out of the city but is a fascinating visit. Students will enjoy exploring the extensive remains of the Roman town and often prefer it to Pompeii and Herculaneum.
A great evening activity in the centre of Rome. Take a journey through the development of Rome and experience multi sensorial effects as you watch panoramic screens.
Situated in Piazza di Spagna, these 18th century, majestic steps built in Baroque style are today a regular meeting place for Italians.
Rome’s famous Baroque fountain is the largest in the city and the most beautiful in the world. A traditional legend holds that if visitors throw a coin into the fountain, they are ensured a return to Rome. The fountain is worldwide famous but many people do not know the history and the secrets hidden behind its construction.
- Time Elevator
“This fascinating city has been at the heart of Christianity for nearly 2,000 years since the time of the Apostles, Peter and Paul. With innumerable churches on almost every corner, built in every century and countless remarkable Ancient and Renaissance buildings, your group will soak up a wealth of religious heritage amidst the trappings of a thoroughly modern metropolis.”
Tony Dodd, NST Religious Studies Educationalist Guide
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967