Stratford History School Trips & Tours
Explore the historic world that shaped Shakespeare’s life and discover more about the Tudor Era with a range of educational visits, including visits to Shakespeare’s Birthplace and an RSC Production, on an NST History school tour.
A History school trip to Stratford-upon-Avon, where famous playwright William Shakespeare was born and lived, is guaranteed to inspire your students. Of all the educational visits on offer in Stratford, a trip to Shakespeare’s Birthplace and Anne Hathaway’s Cottage, undoubtedly gives students an educational experience that's invaluable to their studies. Plus, we’ll arrange every aspect of your Stratford History school trip, so you don’t have to.
Day trips start from £49pp - see our range of visits below.
Price Shown includes
- 1 night’s B&B accommodation
- Executive coach transport from and to school and throughout your stay
- Group travel insurance
- 1 in 8 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from selected departure points in February 2022 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Priority booking service for RSC productions
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
Take a guided visit of up to five of Shakespeare’s properties. Each one offers a unique opportunity to gain an insight into the life and times of William Shakespeare. Your guide will assist your students in forming a picture of Shakespeare’s life and introduce them to the influences on his work. Options include:
- Shakespeare’s Birthplace – This is where it all began. William Shakespeare was born and grew up in this house.
- Anne Hathaway’s Cottage – Discover the family home of Shakespeare’s wife with its beautiful cottage gardens.
- Shakespeare’s Church – Complete the story in Stratford with a visit to Shakespeare’s grave at Holy Trinity Church to see his memorial.
- Shakespeare's New Place – Walk in the Playwright's footsteps, explore a dramatic landscape and meet the man behind the famous works.
Shakespeare Properties Sessions
Put the spotlight on Shakespeare with an interactive talk that aids the discussion of language use, exploration of literary and historical context, and the discovery of characterisation and stagecraft. Choose from a range of plays for comparison and link your workshop to suit your students’ needs.
Take an award-winning guided walk around the historic streets and explore Stratford, its history, attractions and fascinating relationship with Shakespeare. Hear informative and interesting stories of fires, flooding, the plague and mediaeval cures!
Stratford Ghost Walk
On an award winning ghost walk, your group will meander around the streets of Stratford and discover terrible tales and sinister stories of ghosts, witches, murder and misery.
Go behind-the-scenes to discover more about the theatre-making process. Starting in the foyer, these guided tours explore the public and private areas of the theatre. Learn about the history of the RSC, the theatres and the recent transformation. Theatre tours last up to one hour.
The 36-metre high tower offers an iconic landmark for the RSC theatres whilst providing fantastic views of Shakespeare’s home town. A lift will take you to the 32-metre high viewing platform. As you descend you will find an exhibition installed on the walls and in the alcoves.
Royal Shakespeare Company Production
Located on the bank of the River Avon in Shakespeare’s home town, the Royal Shakespeare Company welcomes school groups to experience world renowned productions every day. Furthermore, as there is a requirement in the curriculum for students to study two Shakespeare plays, this is a perfect opportunity to introduce your group to various Shakespeare texts.
Step back in time and experience a slice of what it was like to lead a Tudor life. Put your feet up in a four-poster bed, see what it would have been like to sit at an Elizabethan dining table and imagine ruling the land by taking your seat on a throne.
- Royal Shakespeare Company Production
- ...and much more!
Key Stage 3
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
Rail is a convenient travel option for small groups, ideal for connections to Eurostar, major airports and travel to many city destinations.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967