Dublin History School Trips & Tours - Irish History
A history school trip to Dublin can vividly bring history to life with visits to many of the locations associated with the growth of Irish nationalism from the late 18th century onwards, to the creation of the Irish Free State.
Our history tours include visits to sites linked to key individuals that were part of this turbulent process. For those studying more recent British history and politics, the visit is also clearly relevant for those studying Ireland from partition to the Northern Ireland peace process.
Price Shown includes
- 2 nights’ half board accommodation
- Executive coach transport from and to school and throughout your stay
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from England & Wales in September 2017 and is subject to availability.
Get even more from your trip with NST History Educationalist Guide from only £10pp per day.
On-tour support includes...
- Airport assistance during check-in, security and gate checks on your outbound flight from the UK
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
Additional on-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
One of the largest unoccupied gaols in Europe covering some of the most heroic and tragic events in Ireland’s emergence as a modern nation from 1780s to the 1920s. Attractions include a major exhibition detailing the political and penal history of the prison and its restoration.
Historical Guided Walking Tours
You can also enjoy a history tour that will take you to the relevant sites of the 1916 Rising to give you an understanding of this historic event. You will explore the main features of the War of Independence, partition and will conclude with the Northern Ireland peace process and Ireland today.
Dáil Eireann/Leinster House
Take a guided tour of the Houses of the Oireachtas where the guides will relay their historical and educational knowledge of both the building itself and the workings of the two houses.
GAA Museum & Croke Park Stadium
Enjoy a stadium guided tour including a short historical tour focusing on the ancient origins of hurling, the birth of the GAA as part of a Gaelic Revival in Ireland, the development of the GAA and early links with revolutionary nationalism.
Glasnevin Cemetery (Guided Tour & Museum)
The tour visits the final resting place of Daniel O’Connell, Michael Collins, Eamon DeValera, Charles Stewart Parnell, Countess Marcievicz and many of the other men and women who have shaped Ireland’s history. A new state of the art museum will complement the tour.
A former school that was run by Pádraig Pearse on beautiful grounds includes historical exhibitions, a nature study and an audio-visual show - 'This Man Kept a School'.
- The challenge of Nationalism
- The importance of Parnell
- Gladstone and Home Rule
- The Easter Rising
- The division of Ireland
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967