Beat the rush & start planning your next school trip today!
Book by the end of Oct & SAVE £10 per person on tours to the UK & Europe.
Enjoy our loyalty reward
Save £5pp from your first consecutive year of travel onwards. Click here for more information.
Free inspection visit
Qualify for a 2 night complimentary stay for 2 people in your chosen destination. Find out more.
Amsterdam History School Trips & Tours - The Holocaust
A history school trip to Amsterdam, allows history groups to explore all aspects of Jewish life and culture prior to World War Two through a series of well-preserved sites and excellent museums.
A study tour to this thought-provoking destination allows history groups to reflect on wartime persecution and destruction in considerable detail, with a range of excellent educational visits helping to put classroom-based learning into context.
A great destination to study World War Two, all just a short distance from the UK. We also offer a range of alternative school trips to Amsterdam, depending on your needs.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ B&B accommodation
- Executive coach transport from and to school and throughout your stay
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 8 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 35 paying passengers departing from England & Wales in November 2019 and is subject to availability.
Get even more from your trip with NST History Educationalist Guide. Contact us for a price.
On-tour support includes...
- Airport assistance during check-in, security and gate checks on your outbound flight from the UK
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
Guided Walking Tour of the Former Jewish District – only with an Educationalist Guide
Exclusive to NST
The full day tour includes:
- The Kloveniersburgwal, scene of wartime demonstrations and Nazi barriers
- The Portuguese Synagogue
- The Jewish Historical Museum
- Auschwitz Memorial
- The Hollandsche Schouwburg deportation site
The day concludes with an optional visit to the Dutch Resistance.
Anne Frank House
Containing the preserved warehouse offices, annexe and a modern extension, students can visit the rooms where the Frank family hid for over two years and where Anne wrote her diary. The modern extension houses exhibitions on those hiding in the annexe and on the wider story of the fate of Europe’s Jewish population, as well as displays seeking to link these themes to contemporary issues relating to persecution and prejudice.
Camp Vught National Memorial
The only official SS-concentration camp in the occupied part of WWII and includes the Children’s Memorial, the crematorium and a reconstructed prisoners’ barracks. Groups can also benefit from the invaluable opportunity to meet a concentration camp survivor or a member of the survivor’s family at Camp Vught.
Jewish Historical Museum
Situated in a complex comprising four former synagogues in the heart of the old Jewish district, the museum covers all aspects of Jewish culture and religious belief.
Dutch Resistance Museum
Tracing the complex reaction to occupation as it evolved through the war, this excellent museum covers the difficult topics of collaboration and resistance in a thought-provoking and even-handed way.
Arnhem – Operation Market Garden
Visit this important WWII site either as a half day visit from Amsterdam or with Camp Vught or Amersfoort as a full day excursion. The tour includes visits to the Allied landing zones and the bridge in Arnhem itself but most time is spent in the suburb of Oosterbeek, where Allied troops were stopped and surrounded by German forces. Here you will visit the poignant CWGC cemetery and the excellent Airborne Museum which looks at the fighting from the perspective of the British, German and Polish troops involved as well as the longer term consequences for the Dutch population.
This large, beautiful synagogue was built by the Sephardic community in the 17th century and is still used today.
Canal Cruise through Amsterdam
See the major sights of Amsterdam as you travel along the canal.
Dedicated to arts, crafts and history, the museum has over 400 masterpieces on display telling the impressive tale of the political, economic and artistic wonder of Holland's Golden Age. In addition to eighteen works by Rembrandt, other favourite items of the public on display include Vermeer's famous 'The Kitchen Maid', Steen's depictions of daily life and exquisite Delftware.
- Lecture covering the Jewish community in the Netherlands and on occupation, collaboration and resistance during the war years – only with NST Educationalist Guide
- The Holocaust
It is not always necessary to travel all the way to Eastern Europe in order to study the Holocaust in depth. The well-preserved traces of Amsterdam’s once huge and flourishing Jewish community and the well-documented story of its devastation make this a most rewarding visit, suitable for pupils of all ages.
Jeff Garner, NST History Educationalist Guide Programme Co-ordinator
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967