Last chance to save £££s
Book by the end of May 2018 & save an extra £10pp on the price shown. Find out more.
Enjoy our loyalty reward
Save £5pp from your first consecutive year of travel onwards. Click here for more information.
Free inspection visit
Qualify for a 2 night complimentary stay for 2 people in your chosen destination. Find out more.
Geography School Trips & Tours to the Netherlands
Geography school trips to the Netherlands are excellent for the study of physical, human and environmental geography at KS3 and GCSE. With geography visits that include the region’s cities, waterways and its coast, key topics include Sustainability, Fluvial Systems, Hazards, Industry, Cultural Diversity and Environmental Change.
Many geography field trip study sites in the Netherlands are located close together, thus enabling your group to maximise use of study time whilst away on a geography tour to the region.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ full-board accommodation
- Executive coach transport from & to school & throughout your stay
- Visits including: Delta Park Neeltje Jans, Delta Works visit & Rotterdam Harbour cruise
- Extensive groups travel insurance
- Free place ratio of 1 in 8
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from selected departure points in England & Wales in Feb 2019 and is subject to availability.
Top visits for geography trips in the Netherlands
Delta Park Neeltje Jans & Delta Works
Following the 1953 disaster, the Delta Works were constructed consisting of several moveable barriers, locks and dams. The Delta Works lie within the water-themed Delta Park Neeltje Jans where exhibitions, films and a visit to the storm surge barrier itself will give you an impression of the stupendous power of water.
Rotterdam Harbour Cruise
Your pupils will spend the afternoon on a visit to Rotterdam Harbour where they can take a 75-minute cruise and observe the gigantic throughput facilities and redevelopments.
Amsterdam Study Day
A full day in Amsterdam allows several study and leisure opportunities. The Damrak main square is an ideal location to complete various provided activity sheets such as environmental quality analysis. Groups can make the walk to the Eastern Docks area to carry out an urban renewal activity, with opportunities to conduct pedestrian counts en route.
Cultural Study Day
This day will provide the opportunity to dip into many areas of pupils’ overall curriculum. Visit Anne Frank’s house, the Van Gogh Museum, NEMO Science Museum and other famous sights, or even take a canal cruise.
Take a guided tour around the Clara Maria Cheese Farm & Clog Factory, and undertake various tasks such as cheese making, caring for the cheese, feeding the cows and goats. Later, spend some time exploring the various working windmills of Zaanse Schans and – if you’ve time - visit Keukenhof Gardens to see the beautiful gardens famous for their tulips.
Explore the local surroundings using the activity sheets provided to apply map skills, plus consider the changing face of this coastal resort and visitor origin.
- A quiz or disco at your hotel (most hotels can provide a room for groups to use in the evenings)
- Urban issues
- Cultural diversity
- Environmental change
- Place, space & scale
- Fluvial systems/rivers
- Physical processes
FREE Educational Resource Pack
We understand that you want a study visit that delivers the curriculum. To help you achieve this, our free Netherlands Educational Resource Pack - developed by experienced geography teachers - contains a wealth of highly relevant information for you to use before, during and after your tour.
You will be able to use its contents as a pre-visit planning aid, print off full-colour pupil activity sheets for your group to use at each site whilst away, or even refer to its contents post-visit to assist with case study completion.
Click here to view a sample of our resources.
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967