Berlin Computing & Computer Science School Trips
Germany is the biggest exporter of technology in Europe, and a tour to Berlin will inspire and educate your pupils about the history and application of computing and computer science. We have a range of visits in this dynamic city which will showcase computing and computer science at it’s exciting best, and provide experiences that will stay with your pupils for life.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ B&B accommodation
- Return flights
- Airport transfers in resort
- Services of an NST City Representative
- Group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 35 paying passengers from selected departure points in November 2022 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
- Airport assistance during check-in, security and gate checks on your outbound flight from the UK
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
- Services of an NST City Representative to assist with check-in and provide 24-hour assistance
German Museum of Technology
Located at the very heart of the city on the Alexanderplatz, the Berlin TV tower is part of German history: in the sixties the East German government had the TV tower built to demonstrate the strength and efficiency of the socialist party system. Today the tower, Berlin’s highest structure, shapes the skyline of the German capital city and has fantastic views - and serves as a landmark of the reunited Germany. Your group can pinpoint the many landmarks and attend the free exhibition.
A prime example of the new, vibrant Berlin. Students can practise their language skills in the numerous shops, cafés, restaurants and the fabulous Sony Centre at this lively public square, once one of the busiest intersections in Europe.
Berlin River Cruise
Take a cruise along the River Spree on this tour and see all the major attractions of the city while learning about the intriguing history of Berlin.
Built for the 1936 Olympics, this is an excellent example of Nazi architecture. This is where the black American athlete, Jesse Owens, won four gold medals, supposedly infuriating Hitler because of his race.
The large indoor market in the centre of the city is an ideal place to put language skills to the test and pick up a bargain or two.
Guided Tour of Berlin
Our City Representative, or one of her team, will take your group on a half-day tour of the key sights and provide a first-hand perspective of Berlin’s history and how life has changed for the city’s residents.
- Berlin Wall: Students will see how East and West Berlin were divided for 28 years. Potsdamer Platz and the East Side Gallery are two of the remaining areas where it is still accessible to see a section of the wall.
- The Reichstag: This impressive building, perhaps most recognisable due to its impressive glass dome, re-opened as the new seat of Federal Parliament in 1999. Here, students can learn about the building’s turbulent 114-year history.
- The Brandenburg Gate: Berlin’s only remaining city gate and a symbol of unified Germany. The dramatic Quadriga that sits on top has a history as eventful as the city’s.
Groups can visit the fabulous cinema at Potsdamer Platz. Bowling Am Schillerpark. This bowling alley is the most popular of four available in Berlin.
The Brandenburg Gate
Berlin’s only remaining city gate and a symbol of unified Germany. The Quadriga that sits on top has a history as eventful as the city’s.
Tropical Islands Water Park
This indoor tropical beach, which lies outside of the city, is home to water slides, lagoons and miniature golf, as well as the world’s largest indoor rainforest.
Computer Spiele Museum
The first ever museum for computer games in the world was opened in Berlin in 1997. The exhibition “Computer Games. The evolution of a medium” comprises some 300 objects illustrating their cultural history. Thanks to many interactive exhibits and scenic reconstructions of typical environments such as a video arcade from the 1980s you can re-experience this historical development spanning across more than six decades, quite a long time. A small, but finely stocked museum shop complements our services with more than 170 different objects as well as clothing items and literature all relating to games culture.
Game Science Center
The Game Science Center is a small, interactive museum, run by a team of game developers. Students can learn about and try out futuristic ways to interact with computers. Groups will have a great time controlling games with their eyes, through movement and more.
BMW Motorcycle Plant
Take a guided tour through the birth place of BMW motorcycles. Experience the fascination of a highly modern vehicle production, where man and machine build two-wheeled dreams! Experts are happy to answer your questions.
The Science Centre
Ideally located between Potsdamer Platz and the Brandenburg Gate, the Ottobock Science Center houses the exhibition “Understanding what makes us move” over three floors. Created by Ottobock, the prosthesis manufacturer, this exhibition features multimedia and interactive installations that invite visitors to go on a voyage of discovery of the body and movement, showing technology in action.
- Shopping on the Ku’damm
- A quiz or disco at your hotel (most hotels can provide a room for groups to use in the evenings)
• Computer systems
• Software development
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967