Normandy Primary School Trips & Tours
Our Normandy experience takes pupils to the heart of everyday French life. You can choose to base your group in Calvados, Seine Maritime or La Manche, from where they will explore the local area and touch upon curriculum topics from History to Habitats.
A primary school trip to Normandy offers a wealth of educational and cultural visits, from traditional seaside towns and local markets to famous historic sites, including the D-Day landing beaches, the Bayeux Tapestry and the birthplace of William the Conqueror. During your trip to Normandy, your pupils will be immersed in the French language whilst enjoying diverse cultural heritage.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ full board accommodation
- Executive coach transport from and to your school and throughout your stay
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 8 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 35 paying passengers departing from England and Wales in March 2019 and is subject to availability.
La Cité de la Mer
This huge museum devoted to the sea contains a hi-tech exhibition on the Titanic. Organise an unforgettable day during which you and your pupils will live an adventure, have fun, and learn all there is to know about deep-sea exploration. Teacher resources are available.
Les Co-Pains Boulangerie
Take an interactive guided tour (in French or English) at this rustic bakery. Your pupils will be divided into two groups who will take turns in making their own bread and completing a French food quiz. Your group will be able to purchase freshly baked products from the boulangerie too.
This quaint medieval market town is famous as the home of the Bayeux Tapestry, which pupils can see in the museum. There are a number of shops and cafés in the town, as well as a magnificent cathedral.
Aquarium at St Malo
This colourful aquarium presents eight themed exhibition rooms from cold abyssal waters to warm tropical waters, where pupils can discover around 10,000 fishes or more than 600 species. There’s also a touch pool and a new exhibition each year.
Mémorial de Caen
A journey into the heart of 20th century history, passing through WWII, the Cold War and the world today. A school visit can include a 30-minute D-Day and the Battle of Normandy film. Activities based around several themes can be organised, subject to reservation.
Online teacher resources available.
Explore the streets and harbour of this typically French port town. Having avoided destruction in WWII, it still retains its authentic Norman charm.
Gain an insight into WWII at this seaside resort that’s associated with the Allied Landings. Key visits include the Invasion Museum and 360° cinema.
This charming fishing port gives pupils an opportunity to explore a typical French town.
A very popular visit where pupils get the opportunity to learn about and help bake local specialities.
La Mimarnel Goat Farm
A working farm where pupils will take a guided tour, in French, that shows each stage of the cheese making process.
The city of Rouen is where Catholic saint Joan of Arc died in 1431 after being burned at the stake. Rouen is a lovely city and is the historic capital of Upper Normandy. It's one of France's lesser known cities and well worth a visit.
- Ice skating
- A quiz or disco at your hotel (many hotels can provide a room for groups to use in the evenings)
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967