Art & Design LIVE! NYC
Inspire their future career at our Art & Design LIVE! event in NEW YORK. Learn more here.
Enjoy our loyalty reward
Save £5pp from your first consecutive year of travel onwards. Click here for more information.
Free inspection visit
Qualify for a 2 night complimentary stay for 2 people in your chosen destination. Find out more.
Madrid Art & Design School Trips & Tours
Soak up the Spanish culture and explore the many museums, monuments and parks during an NST art school trip to this colourful city.
The Museo del Prado alone justifies a study tour to Madrid, but this city of Velázquez and Goya has been complemented over the years by the installation of the amazing Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and the Reina Sofia Museum. Home to the ‘Golden Triangle of Museums’, Madrid offers gallery after gallery of masterworks.
Located at the very heart of mainland Spain, Madrid is a large and lively city. A school trip to this exciting and cosmopolitan destination, offers excellent educational visits, and the chance to sketch the many fountains, cathedrals, dazzling Bourbon architecture and boulevards. With NST, we will arrange a fantastic itinerary for your group to focus on the main artistic attractions, whilst also including some less well-known collections, all interspersed with exciting sightseeing opportunities.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ B&B accommodation
- Return flights and overseas airport transfers
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 25 paying passengers departing from a London airport in February 2020 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
Additional on-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
- A choice of packed lunches for your group throughout your stay
Two architectural complexes, the historic monastery and the former Royal Hunting Lodge give your students an insight into Spanish history and house the resting place of several Spanish monarchs.
Reina Sofia Museum
Completing the cultural triangle of museums in Madrid, this centre houses a permanent collection of Spanish modern and contemporary art and is home to Picasso’s Guernica.
The prestigious collection consists of over a thousand pieces and was once labelled the most important private art collection in the world. The galleries host many modern masters of the 20th century movements documenting the influences of Van Gogh, Monet and Mondrian among others.
An evening at a bowling alley in Madrid is always popular with groups.
Warner Bros Movie World
A magical and fun-packed visit for all your students, with 25 fabulous attractions. Its four areas contain numerous opportunities to experience and enjoy some of the largest and fastest rides in Europe.
Guided Walking Tour of Madrid
Experienced in taking youth groups, our local guides will bring the history and culture of Madrid to life. Students will be amazed as they walk down world-famous streets such as Gran Via and through Madrid’s many plazas.
La Puerta del Sol
This well-known and busy square houses many important statues including the bear and madrone tree (Madrid’s heraldic symbol), shops, cafés and occasional street music.
Groups can try the heart-stopping and passionate art of Flamenco dancing, a true cultural experience from Spain’s musical heritage.
Located right at the heart of Madrid’s cultural centre, the Prado is home to many European masterpieces. The extensive collection of historical works by artists such as Goya, Velázquez and El Greco celebrates Spanish heritage and clearly defines links to all the other major European schools.
- A quiz or disco at your hotel (most hotels can provide a room for groups to use in the evenings)
- Ice skating
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967