Munich & Nuremberg History School Trips & Tours - Nazism
Your pupils will gain an in-depth understanding of the Rise of Nazism through visits within Munich and Nuremberg. Munich was once a Nazi stronghold referred to as Haupstadt der Bewegung (“capital of the movement”) and on your history school trip in Nuremberg you will visit the rally ground, scene of some of the most important events in the Nazi calendar, and the impressive museum “Fascination and Terror”, which concentrates on the Nazi use of propaganda.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ B&B accommodation
- Return flights and overseas airport transfers
- Services of an NST Munich City Representative
- 12 hours’ coaching over 2 days
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 35 paying passengers departing from a London airport in March 2021 and is subject to availability.
Get even more from your trip with NST History Educationalist Guide. Contact us for a price.
On-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
- Airport assistance during check-in, security and gate checks on your outbound flight from the UK
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
- Services of an NST City Representative to assist with check-in and provide 24-hour assistance
Munich Walking Tour – only with our Educationalist History Guide
Exclusive to NST
This half day tour with your guide covers; Residenzestrasse, scene of the crushing of the 1923 Putsch; Thierchstrasse, location of Hitler’s apartment; Odeonsplatz; Bürgersaalkirche, the parish church and the burial place of Rupert Mayer; The University, memorial for the White Rose group and Haus der Kunst, famous art gallery from the Nazi period.
Dachau Memorial Site
Germany’s first concentration camp. Within the camp headquarters there is now a museum which serves as a poignant reminder of the horrors of Nazi rule.
Munich Documentation Centre
Opened in 2015, the centre will provide a central place of learning and remembrance that will address the city's National Socialist past and the ramifications of Nazi dictatorship.
Königsplatz & Karolinenplatz
Walking tour of important Nazi buildings including the site of the ‘Brown House’, the original party headquarters from 1930, the Führer Building, site of the 1938 conference and see also the headquarters of the SA and the Hitler youth.
White Rose Monument
A monument to the White Rose resistance group, famous for their leaflet campaigns in which they opposed the Nazi regime during WWII. This is located outside the Ludwig-Maximilian-University.
Nazi Rally Grounds
Chosen by the Nazi party to be the site of the huge party rallies, the grounds covered about 11 square kilometres in the southeast of Nuremberg. Six Nazi party rallies were held there between 1933 and 1938 and the buildings standing today provide good examples of authentic Nazi architecture.
Museum of Fascination & Terror
Hailed as one of the most important museums of the Nazi period in Germany, concentrating on the use of propaganda and the media by the Nazis.
Nuremberg Trials Memorial
The guilt of the leaders of the Third Reich is the focus of this permanent exhibit at the courthouse in Nuremberg, Germany, where the Nazis were tried and convicted of waging a war of aggression and committing war crimes and crimes against humanity. The exhibit includes hundreds of photographic, film, text and audio displays that tell the story of Nazi war crimes and the fate of the men who masterminded them.
• Germany and WWI
• The Weimar Republic
• The emergence and nature of the Nazi state
• The Home Front War
• German opposition to the Nazi regime
"A combination of the sites and museums in Munich along with visits to Dachau and Nuremberg provides a very full programme of study. This is given further depth by the opportunity to look at specific examples of German resistance to Nazism including the White Rose Group and Rupert Meyer."
Jeff Garner, NST's Guided History Tours Programme Co-ordinator
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967