Geography School Trips & Tours to Las Vegas
Las Vegas offers unparalleled opportunities for geographers and geologists of all ages, with many visits directly relating to KS3, GCSE and A-level study.
An unforgettable visit, combining the awesome beauty of deserts, canyons and national parks with glittering, exciting cities. The contrast between the physical splendour of nature and the cultural and architectural achievements of man could hardly be more evident anywhere else in the world.
Price Shown includes
- 4 nights’ room only accommodation
- Return flights & airport transfers in resort
- Coach transportation throughout your stay
- Visits including: Las Vegas, Death Valley National Park, Hoover Dam and Lake Mead, Grand Canyon West Rim
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from a London airport in February 2021 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
Top visits for geography trips in West Coast USA
This glitzy city, built in the middle of the desert, is a testimony to man’s ability to overcome the challenge of the physical environment. Its main street and focal point is the Strip, just over 4 miles long. This boulevard is home to themed hotels with elaborate displays such as fountains synchronized to music as well as replicas of an Egyptian pyramid, the Venetian Grand Canal, and the Eiffel Tower.
Death Valley National Park
Students can experience first-hand Death Valley’s harsh, arid environment, dramatic scenery and landscapes. Your group will cross over the 5,000ft Towne Pass before taking a closer look at the desert. One of the hottest places on earth, this region is contrasted by the dramatic backdrop of snow-capped mountains.
This vast chasm is arguably one of the most spectacular geographical sites in the world. Opt to take one of several set walks to explore this awe-inspiring canyon. A once in a lifetime opportunity!
Hoover Dam Tours
For groups staying for two nights in Vegas, a visit to the famous Hoover Dam is a must. You can take a 30 minute tour of the Hoover Dam power plant and take a look around the visitors centre. Alternatively, opt for the hour long guided tour, which includes the 30 minute option plus a tour of the passageways of the dam itself.
- Water supply/conflict
- World cities
- Hazard management
- Urban issues
- Cultural diversity
- Pollution & health
- Arid environments
- Extreme weather
- Fluvial systems
FREE Educational Resource Pack
We understand that you want a study visit that delivers the curriculum. To help you achieve this, our free West Coast USA Educational Resource Pack - developed by experienced geography teachers - contains a wealth of highly relevant information for you to use before, during and after your tour.
You’ll be able to use its contents as a pre-visit planning aid, print off full-colour pupil activity sheets for your group to use at each site whilst away, or even refer to its contents post-visit to assist with case study completion.
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967