Environmental School Trips & Tours to Helsinki
Protecting the planet for future generations is something that we are all responsible for. The Nordic region leads the world in sustainability, so a trip to Helsinki is an ideal way to see how a country is pioneering initiatives and practices to help protect our environment.
See, learn and experience how sustainability is now being adopted into everyday life in Helsinki with visits to the city’s Nature Centre, the Oodi sustainable library, Viikki and a recycling centre.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ full-board accommodation
- Return flights, all taxes & charges included
- Airport transfers to and from accommodation
- Transportation for the visits included
- Visits including: Haltia – the Finnish Nature Centre, the Oodi sustainable library, guided tour of Viikki, recycling centre, guided bicycle tour
- Extensive group travel insurance
- Free place ratio of 1 in 10
Price shown is based on 30 paying passengers departing from a London airport in February 2022 and is subject to availability.
Top visits for geography trips in Helsinki
Haltia: Finnish Nature Centre
The city’s sustainable Nature Centre, located close to Nuuksio National Park, is built entirely from wood and heated and cooled with energy derived from the sun and the earth. Combine a guided visit with a hike in the nearby forest trails and meet some reindeers in the forest.
Oodi - Sustainable Library
Helsinki’s newest sustainable and architectural icon is located in the very heart of the city. Apart from its striking design, Oodi is extremely energy efficient. Its energy consumption level is almost zero. Learn about Finnish lifestyle, read magazines, enjoy lunch, work, hang out, see a movie, study, create music, print photos, it all happens in the library.
Viikki is a small residential area located approximately 8km from Helsinki which showcases sustainability in action. As well as eco-housing, complete with solar and wind energy systems installed, Viikki is home to the University of Helsinki’s biosciences departments, a Science Park, educational farms and water treatment plants, and open farmland which includes a wetland nature reserve.
Experience how the Finns handle recycling from waste to regeneration. Visit a recycling centre and one of its recycling stores.
Helsinki is buzzing from Spring to Autumn months with bicycles and scooters, which offer a sustainable mode of transport for exploring the city. Expert guides will ensure safety, and all participants will be provided with helmets.
- Climate change
- Urban Issues and Challenges
- Energy Resource Management
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967