Edinburgh Psychology & Sociology School Trips & Tours
A visit to the Scottish capital provides schools in Scotland and Northern England with a great alternative to London. The educational visits combined with fantastic tourist attractions create both educational and memorable experience.
A psychology & sociology school trip to the Scottish city of Edinburgh is undoubtedly a great value, year-round destination for psychology and sociology groups with excellent educational visits on offer.
Price Shown includes
- 1 night's B&B accommodation
- Executive coach transport from & to school & throughout your stay
- Group travel insurance
- 1 in 8 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from England & Wales in February 2021 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
Additional on-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
Sleep Assessment and Advisory Service
Exclusive to NST
These informative 90-minute sessions are delivered by an expert and can focus on a range of relevant study themes, which can be tailored specifically to your group’s requirements. Suggested topics include sleep disorders (insomnia, sleepwalking and narcolepsy), dreaming (including Dement & Kleitman research), the brain during sleep and mental illness and sleep.
Edinburgh Zoo & Educational Workshops
Visit this fantastic zoo. Tailored educational sessions are available - options include 'Adaptations', 'Primate Behaviour' and 'Evolution'.
Murder & Mystery Walking Tour
Led by your tour guide, hanged highwayman, Adam Lyal, students will be given a spine-tingling insight into Edinburgh’s darker side, with costumed characters including infamous body-snatchers, Burke and Hare.
Camera Obscura & World of Illusions
The Camera Obscura and World of Illusions is an excellent place for a panoramic view of the city and beyond. Students can explore the wonders of light and illusion, experiment with various hands on optical illusions and tricks.
Edinburgh Castle is a powerful national symbol, and part of Edinburgh’s World Heritage site. Here, you can see the Honours (Crown Jewels) of Scotland, the Stone of Destiny, Mons Meg, and the One O’Clock Gun. You can even visit the National War Museum of Scotland and experience life as a POW in 1781.
- Murder & Mystery Walking Tour
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
Rail is a convenient travel option for small groups, ideal for connections to Eurostar, major airports and travel to many city destinations.
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967