Berlin Science School Trips & Tours
Although one of Europe’s most historic cities, Berlin has evolved to become the ‘Capital of Science’ with the densest network of science and research organisations in Germany. The city provides an excellent destination for a school science trip, with groups able to enjoy cutting edge visits such as Ottobock’s Science Centre and hands-on genetic experiments at the Berlin Life Science Learning Lab.
Price Shown includes
- 2 nights' B&B accommodation
- Return flights
- Airport transfers in resort
- Services of an NST Berlin Representative
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers from selected departure points in Nov 2020 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Airport assistance for during check-in, security and gate checks on your outbound flight from the UK
- Airport assistance for when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
- Services of an NST City Representative to assist with check-in and provide 24-hour assistance
Additional on-tour supprt available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
German Museum of Technology
One of the largest museums in Europe, the German Technology Museum is an interactive venue for learning and hands-on experiencing, with exhibitions on practically all branches of technology and transport, including traffic, communications, production and energy technology, sea navigation, space and aeronautics. Student groups can also benefit from a themed guided tour – themes include People & Technology, Technology & War and Technology & Art.
The oldest and largest public observatory in Germany is home to the longest moveable refracting telescope on earth - 21 metres! The observatory museum contains the permanent exhibition “Astronomy is Observing and Measuring”, alongside temporary exhibitions highlighting different subjects tracing the history of astronomy. Other attractions include the historic Einstein room, the small Zeiss planetarium and a giant iron meteorite.
Berlin Life Science Learning Lab
In the Life Science Learning Lab “Gläsernes Labor”, students can carry out fascinating genetic and cell biological experiments, experience research in action and explore current applications in medicine and biotechnology.
Students can take part in simple genetic experiments in the labs - 4 hour sessions include isolating DNA from a tomato; simulating forensic DNA analysis or gene transfer with plasmids.
The Science Centre
Ideally located between Potsdamer Platz and the Brandenburg Gate, the Ottobock Science Center houses the exhibition “Understanding what makes us move” over three floors. Created by Ottobock, the prosthesis manufacturer, this exhibition features multimedia and interactive installations that invite visitors to go on a voyage of discovery of the body and movement, showing technology in action.
Located at the very heart of the city on the Alexanderplatz, the Berlin TV tower is part of German history: in the sixties the East German government had the TV tower built to demonstrate the strength and efficiency of the socialist party system. Today the tower, Berlin’s highest structure, shapes the skyline of the German capital city and has fantastic views - and serves as a landmark of the reunited Germany. Your group can pinpoint the many landmarks and attend the free exhibition.
Berlin River Cruise
Take a cruise along the River Spree on this tour and see all the major attractions of the city while learning about the intriguing history of Berlin.
Built for the 1936 Olympics, this is an excellent example of Nazi architecture. This is where the black American athlete, Jesse Owens, won four gold medals, supposedly infuriating Hitler because of his race.
The large indoor market in the centre of the city is an ideal place to put language skills to the test and pick up a bargain or two.
Guided Tour of Berlin
Our City Representative, or one of her team, will take your group on a half-day tour of the key sights and provide a first-hand perspective of Berlin’s history and how life has changed for the city’s residents.
- Berlin Wall: Students will see how East and West Berlin were divided for 28 years. Potsdamer Platz and the East Side Gallery are two of the remaining areas where it is still accessible to see a section of the wall.
- The Reichstag: This impressive building, perhaps most recognisable due to its impressive glass dome, re-opened as the new seat of Federal Parliament in 1999. Here, students can learn about the building’s turbulent 114-year history.
- The Brandenburg Gate: Berlin’s only remaining city gate and a symbol of unified Germany. The dramatic Quadriga that sits on top has a history as eventful as the city’s.
Groups can visit the fabulous cinema at Potsdamer Platz. Bowling Am Schillerpark. This bowling alley is the most popular of four available in Berlin.
This large, action-packed swimming complex has a pool with diving boards. It also has an outdoor pool, slide and whirlpools.
Tropical Islands Water Park
This indoor tropical beach, which lies outside of the city, is home to water slides, lagoons and miniature golf, as well as the world’s largest indoor rainforest.
The Brandenburg Gate
Berlin’s only remaining city gate and a symbol of unified Germany. The Quadriga that sits on top has a history as eventful as the city’s.
Natural History Museum
The Museum of Natural History in Berlin offers you an exciting insight into the natural world. You can follow the development of life on our planet and discover how different forms of life evolve. Be astonished by prehistoric animals, birds and the legendary polar bear Knut. One highlight is encountering the world's largest dinosaur skeleton. Even more spectacular is Tristan Otto, a gigantic Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Orbitall Space Centre – ISS Workshop
In both the spaceship and the space control centre, students will slip into various roles, including: space travel expert, meteorologist, engine specialist, commander and air traffic controller. During the mission, they'll be able to see how our planet is changing, observe the weather and learn more about satellites. In addition, some students will be given important research tasks, such as examining the electromagnetic spectrum of the sun, discovering the components of space probes that they discover, calculating the speed of light and experimenting with vacuums.
The Futurium – Berlins centre for shaping the future – is located in the heart of the city. The unique building hosts an exhibition with vivid scenarios, an interactive hands-on laboratory, and an event forum as a place of dialogue all under one roof. The Futurium gives its visitors a glance into the world of tomorrow.
- Shopping on the Ku’damm
- A quiz or disco at your hotel (most hotels can provide a room for groups to use in the evenings)
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967
Science LIVE! Event
Show your students science in action at our Science LIVE! event at Disneyland® Paris! Learn more here.
Enjoy our loyalty reward
Save £5pp from your first consecutive year of travel onwards. Click here for more information.
Free inspection visit
Qualify for a 2 night complimentary stay for 2 people in your chosen destination. Find out more.