Search for jobs
Work with us as a Music Tour Manager
We know from talking to teachers that on-tour support can be invaluable whilst travelling on tour.
Our Tour Managers are the music maestros in the background, providing valuable support to Teachers and their students, enabling them to concentrate of enjoying the experience of both visiting and performing in new and exciting destinations.
Becoming a Music Tour Manager
As a Music Tour Manager for NST, you will accompany our music groups from the UK to their chosen destination and back again, being available to support the group with a range of actions needed to make their tour a success.
This will involve:
- Assisting the Group Leader with logistics, planning and any itinerary changes.
- Being available to provide advice and support and help to resolve minor issues at any point during the tour.
- Taking care of concert organisation on the day.
- Liaising with local venue organisers to ensure venues are ready as requested for the group’s arrival.
- Assisting in any clearing up at the venue.
- Carrying out in-resort publicity for the concerts when required (e.g. distributing leaflets or putting up concert boards and posters).
Skills / Experience / Qualities
We look for a very special type of person to become one of our Music Tour Managers.
They are helpful, proactive people with excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.
They also possess a proactive approach to problem solving, and a Customer First Attitude.
As well as their personal qualities, the majority of our Music Tour Managers are experienced in leading overseas tours, or have a strong background in music or concert coordination.
Good geographical knowledge, and fluency in a European modern language is also useful, but not essential.
Package On Offer
Aside from the opportunity to travel to some beautiful destinations worldwide, our Music Tour Managers receive the following benefits whilst working with us;
- A comprehensive training programme
- Travel expenses and travel insurance cover whilst on tour
- Meals and accommodation in resort
- Daily “guiding” fee paid on all days associated with your journey (including travel days)
- Branded clothing to suit the conditions of each destination
When will I work?
The majority of our music and concert tours take place during the summer months, with a number of tours departing during June and July. This makes it an ideal opportunity for students or teachers/lecturers looking for something a little different to do during the summer months.
Are there any costs to me?
There is no cost to becoming a Music Tour Manager, but if you are not already registered as self employed, you will need to ensure that the payments received are reported for Tax and NI purposes.
To be considered, Candidates must have good availability over the key travel periods of June and July, and hold the following documentation;
- a current passport,
- an EHiC card or up to date medical insurance cover for overseas travel.
Due to the nature of our operation, any offer to work with us may be conditional on the individual undergoing a DBS disclosure for safeguarding purposes.
Any costs associated with the vetting process will be borne by us.
My Experience as a Music Tour Manager
"I am fairly new to working with NST as a Music Tour Manager, but my experiences so far have been great. I have had the opportunity to not only travel destinations I love, I have also travelled to new destinations, and met some great people along the way.
The most rewarding part for me has to be watching students gain in confidence, and seeing the excitement and enthusiasm on their faces when they are playing to different audiences. Knowing you have played a part in making this happen feels great!
Yes, it's long days whilst on tour with a group, and you never quite know what challenges you may face with a particular venue, or resort, but working hard to ensure that you give them the best support you can, and helping the students have an amazing experience to tell their friends about when they get home, makes it all worth while. It's great to know that I have been a part of their journey.
If you think you have what it takes to be a Music Tour Manager like Georgia, click on the button below.