Beat the rush & start planning your next school trip today!
Book by the end of Oct & SAVE £10 per person on tours to the UK & Europe.
Enjoy our loyalty reward
Save £5pp from your first consecutive year of travel onwards. Click here for more information.
Latest Château Prices
View our great value offers for the last remaining dates for autumn & spring trips!
Opal Coast Food Technology School Trips & Tours
The Opal Coast is an ideal destination due to the wealth of food based visits available for groups to experience. From goat farms to boulangeries, sweet factories to cider farms, pupils can discover traditional French cuisine. For groups staying at NST’s Château d’Ebblinghem, there is also the opportunity for cheese tasting, snail tasting, and hands-on cooking activities.
Price Shown includes
- 1 nights' full board accommodation staying at NST’s Château d’Ebblinghem
- Executive coach transport from and to your school and throughout your stay
- Services of your own Group Co-ordinator (Groupie)
- Organised evening activities
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 8 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from selected departure points in February 2020 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
Your dedicated Group Co-ordinator, if staying at NST’s Château d’Ebblinghem, will ensure the smooth-running of your school tour, acting as all-round support for your group.
Food Activities at NST’s Château d’Ebblinghem
Groups staying at NST’s Château d’Ebblinghem will have the opportunity to take part in hands-on crepe making and tarte sucre making activities. They will also experience a traditional French breakfast, cheese tasting, and even snail tasting – for the brave!
With the support of your own French-speaking Groupie at NST’s Château d’Ebblinghem, your pupils will be able to get the full experience of the visits, as your Groupie will be able to translate from French into English.
Local Goat Farm
Gain an insight into French farming and cheese making. There are also opportunities for cheese tasting and, at certain times of the year, to help milk the goats.
Get a real taste of France! At a working snail farm, your group will learn how one of France’s most famous foods is reared. Then sit back and see which of your pupils will be first to sample one for themselves.
Local Boulangerie Visit
There are a number of boulangeries in the region where your pupils will watch and listen to the baker describe, in French, the process of making traditional French bread and croissants, before getting the chance to produce and eat their own.
La Gaufre du Pays Waffle Factory Visit
Did you know the waffle is one of the oldest biscuits in the world? During this visit you will find out about the production of waffles and have a chance to see the Little Museum of Waffle Houplines. This delicious and educational tour ends with a tasting of course ... a great moment of pleasure for your taste buds!
Natur’Pom Cider Farm
Visit the organic orchards at this cider farm and learn about the ecosystem of the farm, the cycle of the plant and organic production. Visits can be adapted to the age of pupils and there is an on-site shop for tasty souvenirs!
- Organised evening activities at the château (including a French night, snail tasting, making traditional tarte au sucre, mini Olympics, a disco, Superhero Challenge, NST’s Got Talent, boules...and much more!)
- Excellent recreational facilities at the château (including a games room, two football pitches, volleyball area and four hectacres of private grounds)
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967
“We were all very well catered for during our stay at NST’s château. There were no complaints from the children (which is quite an achievement!) and staff really appreciated the refreshments in the teachers’ lounge after a long day! We were very pleased with the venue and would like to return in the future.”
Mary Grundberg, Aston House School