Enhanced Health & Safety Protocols
Safety has always been at the heart of every NST school trip; as such we've taken every step possible to ensure the safest experience for your pupils, so you can travel with confidence.
The School Travel Forum have been working with a leading independent travel risk management company to understand the challenges for schools in travelling abroad. This work has been undertaken alongside the OEAP and the LotC Quality Badge to give schools peace of mind and advice when booking future travel and once restrictions lift.
As a member of the School Travel Forum, we are committed to working with our transport, accommodation and visit providers throughout our supply chain, both in the UK and overseas, to ensure their services adhere to local government COVID-Secure health & safety protocols, giving you the peace of mind that your group can travel safely.
Some examples of enhanced measures include:
- Enhanced daily cleaning regimes, including more frequent cleaning of high traffic areas
- Social distancing throughout the accommodation
- Hand sanitiser dispensers available for guests
- Staff training on enhanced health & safety policies
- Passengers must wear a face covering in enclosed areas in airports in England and in all areas in Scotland. In Wales and Northern Ireland, a face covering is recommended
- Most airlines have incorporated new boarding processes to minimise the amount of close contact between individuals
- Passengers may be required to wear a face covering during the flight - this is dependent on the individual airline
- Modern airplanes have cabin air filtration systems equipped with HEPA filters which recycles the air every 3 minutes
- Each airline and airport will have increased cleaning and disinfection measures in place
- Enhanced cleaning, including more frequent cleaning of high traffic areas
- Hand sanitiser will be available on-board the coach
- New processes for boarding and disembarkation, which may include boarding at the front and disembark at the back
- The driver will wear a face covering and gloves for loading/unloading of luggage
- Students will be asked to remain in the same seat throughout the journey
- Reduced daily ticketing capacity to allow for social distancing & the best possible guest experience
- Enhanced cleaning measures
- Hand sanitiser dispensers
- Staff training on COVID-Secure policies
My Tour Manager - On-the-Go
With the My Tour Manager app you’ll have access to your travel documents, contact numbers and local information including a map of the area with your hotel and visits pinpointed for you.
As all your documents are stored on the travel app, this minimises the need for paperwork and is therefore a contact-free solution, reducing the number of personal touchpoints during your trip.
To find out more about My Tour Manager - On the Go, watch our video here: