City of Derry Choral Festival Tour
Five-day festival of concerts, competitions, workshops & choral trails. Created as a joyous celebration of choral music-making, this festival provides opportunities for competitive and non-competitive participation for singers across a wide range of styles, ensembles and ages.
School, national and international choirs are invited to take part in a range of competitions across the four-day festival including Equal Voice, Mixed Voice, Youth, Sacred, Gospel and Barbershop categories.
Aside from the competitive focus, the City of Derry comes alive with pop-up performances, high-quality concerts and educational activities, providing a celebration of everything choral music has to offer.
Price Shown includes
- 3 nights’ half board accommodation
- Executive coach transport from & to school & throughout your stay
- Entry to 2 competitions at the Derry Festival
- Group travel insurance
- Generous free place ratio of 1 in 8
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from England and Wales and is subject to availability.
Top performance venues
City of Derry Choral Festival
Four-day festival of concerts, competitions, workshops and choral trails. This festival provides opportunities for competitive and non-competitive participation for singers across a wide range of styles, ensembles and ages. School, national and international choirs are invited to take part in a range of competitions across the four-day festival including Equal Voice, Mixed Voice, Youth, Sacred, Gospel and Barbershop categories.
Entry fee for two categories is included in the tour price.
The Museum of Free Derry
Visit will include a guided tour of the exhibition, which outlines the people’s story of government oppression, the struggle for civil rights, the Battle of the Bogside, internment, Free Derry and Bloody Sunday.
Walking Tour of the City
Take a walking tour of the city walls with a registered tour guide to highlight the city’s rich heritage and with a particular focus on the contemporary history. The tour will use the city walls as a backdrop to illustrate the recent past.
The Apprentice Boys Memorial Hall
The Memorial Hall is the world headquarters of the Apprentice Boys of Derry organisation, one of the so called ’loyal’ institutions and it is one of the finest buildings standing on the West Wall overlooking the Brandywell and Bogside.
St Columb's Cathedral
The Cathedral is widely recognised locally, nationally and internationally for its active promotion of ecumenical and bridge-building activities.
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967