Cantabria Primary School Trips & Tours
This tiny province in the north of Spain provides some of the most spectacular scenery in the whole of the country and offers a range of great opportunities to bring your primary school pupils closer to Spanish life, history, culture and language. The traditional mountain and coastal villages contrast against the cosmopolitan capital city of Santander.
Price Shown includes
- 4 nights’ full board accommodation
- Return flights and overseas airport transfers
- Services of an NST Destination Representative
- 8 hours' local coaching for 3 days
- Visits shown as included below
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from a London airport in March 2021 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
- Services of an NST Destination Representative to assist with check-in and provide 24-hour assistance
Additional on-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
As a port town, it’s no wonder much of the town’s history revolves around the sea. Students can explore the Maritime Museum, Magdalena Peninsula and the Planetarium and even interview a resident on the street. Cruises of Santander Bay are also available.
A replica of the original caves, famous for their prehistoric animal paintings. Students will be impressed by how the cave artists used the natural contours in the rock to enhance the animal figures. Workshops are available.
El Soplao Caves
Take a guided tour (in English or Spanish) down the 1,500m route through this cave, with acoustic effects and spectacular lighting showcasing the natural formations. An awe-inspiring visit for students.
Fuente Dé Cable Car
Take an excursion into the mountains and a memorable cable-car ride to the 1850m high summit where students will be astounded by the stunning views and landscape.
Santillana del Mar
Enjoy exploring this attractive medieval town, containing winding cobbled streets, tourist shops and an abundance of historic buildings.
This small town gives students a taste of traditional Cantabria with its cobbled streets and squares, ancestral homes, towers and Modernist style buildings. It’s also home to Gaudí’s ‘El Capricho’ building and the neo-gothic Sobrellano Palace.
One of the most famous museums in the world, housing modern and contemporary art. The museum’s collection focuses primarily on American and European art from the 20th century. This is an ideal en-route visit for groups flying into Bilbao.
Churros con Chocolate
Enjoy this delicious and decadent Spanish treat!
Santander Town Trail
Follow trail instructions and answer questions in Spanish.
Practise Spanish and pick up a bargain at this popular Spanish market.
Tapas Tasting Experience
Enjoy true Spanish cuisine at an authentic local restaurant.
Cabarceno Nature Park
A visit to this unique nature park will be an unforgettable experience for your group. This park is unlike any other zoo or wildlife park. Attractions include falconry displays conducted in Spanish. Groups can now also feed the animals whilst accompanied by park staff.
Students can try the heart-stopping and passionate art of Flamenco dancing, a true cultural experience from Spain’s musical heritage.
Spanish Language Enrichment Experience
For groups looking to immerse themselves in Spanish language and culture, we can provide Spanish language enrichment tours in Cantabria.
These tours offer fun learning experiences for groups through activity-based local visits and immersion in the native tongue.
Our native Spanish Destination Representative, Pablo, will introduce your students to Spanish cultural activities - such as the tasty Churros Con Chocolate - and encourage the development of language skills whilst having plenty of fun. Pablo is a native speaker of Spanish language too, so your group will be able to practise their language skills with him during their stay.
What’s more, Pablo can assist with arranging a local school visit so your students will be able to meet and converse with Spanish students, and help each other with language skills.
In a relaxed environment, students will take part in speaking and listening sessions with native speakers, greatly enhancing their learning experience.
Karaoke or Disco
A small karaoke bar offers groups the opportunity to hold a disco or karaoke evening. Pre-book this venue and ensure sole group use.
Take your group swimming at a large indoor swimming pool located in Santander.
Valle Real Shopping Centre
Cantabria’s first large indoor shopping centre has an impressive range of activities, including shops, cafés, restaurants, a games zone and an eight screen cinema.
- Valle Real Shopping Centre – cinema and games zone
- A quiz or disco at your hotel (many hotels can provide a room for groups to use in the evenings)
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967