Last chance to save £££s
Book by the end of May 2018 & save an extra £10pp on the price shown. Find out more.
Media LIVE! Event - March 2019
Inspire their future career at our Media LIVE! event at Disneyland® Paris! Learn more here.
Enjoy our loyalty reward
Save £5pp from your first consecutive year of travel onwards. Click here for more information.
Free inspection visit
Qualify for a 2 night complimentary stay for 2 people in your chosen destination. Find out more.
Berlin Media & Film Studies School Trips & Tours
Rich in historic legacy, yet culturally diverse and dynamic, Berlin is certainly a city of contrasts with an abundance of creative and media corporations located here.
This lively destination has a growing reputation as a city that’s steadily making its mark as a major media location. On your school trip to Berlin, you’ll benefit from our first-hand knowledge of visits and attractions and accommodation that will best suit your group’s needs.Plus, we’ve prepared a selection of visits to cover many parts of your curriculum in the one tour. You won’t have a dull moment in this city with NST.
Price Shown includes
- 2 nights’ B&B accommodation
- Return flights and airport transfers in resort
- Services of NST Berlin Representative
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 25 paying passengers departing from a London airport in November 2018 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Airport assistance during check-in, security and gate checks on your outbound flight from the UK
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
- Services of an NST City Representative to assist with check-in and provide 24-hour assistance
Additional on-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
Tours of this transmitting station, once used by the Russians, offer a unique insight into Berlin’s past as well as an overview of the workings of the TV and radio studios today. Your students (over 16s only) could very well see the filming of a soap opera, a quiz show, and more.
Located on the famous Babelsberg campus – home to the world’s oldest large-scale film studio – this movie theme park features stunt shows, illusion studios, 4D cinema and films. Over 3,000 films have been shot at the here, including Fritz Lang’s Metropolis (1927). The theme park surrounding the studios offers a glance behind-the-scenes with studio tours, exhibitions, costumes and enough action to keep your pupils amused. This visit is guaranteed to immerse pupils into the world of movies.
Groups can visit the fabulous cinema at Potsdamer Platz. Bowling Am Schillerpark This bowling alley is the most popular of four available in Berlin.
Berlin Film Museum
Take a journey through film history and learn about German cinema from 1895 to 1980. Experience great moments in broadcasting history as well as how the medium of television developed in East and West Germany, then venture through rooms full of famous props, costumes, set-designs and projection screens.
Topography of Terror
This fascinating exhibition is contained within the former cellars of Gestapo HQ, illustrating the terrors and crimes of the Nazi era. The new documentation centre and other exhibitions are presented in both English and German.
Built for the 1936 Olympics, this is an excellent example of Nazi architecture. This is where the black American athlete, Jesse Owens, won four gold medals, supposedly infuriating Hitler because of his race.
Here, your pupils will see how East and West Berlin were divided for 28 years. The Bernauerstrasse Memorial allows pupils to see remains of the Berlin Wall as well as an exhibition on Berlin during the Cold War. The East Side Gallery is the longest surviving stretch of the wall and is nearly 1.5km long – and includes the work of various artists and political cartoonists.
Located at the very heart of the city on the Alexanderplatz, the Berlin TV tower is part of German history: in the sixties the East German government had the TV tower built to demonstrate the strength and efficiency of the socialist party system. Today the tower, Berlin’s highest structure, shapes the skyline of the German capital city and has fantastic views - and serves as a landmark of the reunited Germany. Your group can pinpoint the many landmarks and attend the free exhibition.
- Ice skating
- ...and much more!
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967