Search for jobs
Earn while you Learn with one of our Apprenticeship Opportunities...
Our Educational Travel Brands have been supporting the development of young people for nearly 50 years with the inspiring educational travel opportunities we provide through the tours we create and deliver to schools and colleges.
In 2011, as part of our commitment to the development of young people, we launched our apprenticeship programme in partnership with one of our local colleges, to offer young people that chance to develop a career in the travel industry.
Since it's launch, a number of our apprenticeship graduates have moved into permanent roles in our offices, and are set to develop a long and fulfilling career with us, and where our apprentice's have chosen to move on, they have felt prepared and ready to embark on the next stage of their career.
Our apprenticeship programme is currently only available at our Blackpool Head Office in Lancashire, however we hope to expand the programme to offer opportunities at our other locations in the UK.
Our History Guide Lecturers have a passion for the past, and share their enthusiasm and knowledge to help students and teachers to get the most out of their time away from the classroom.
Visiting destinations including The World War I Battlefields, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Russia to name but a few, our History Guide Lecturers help students to develop specialist knowledge by delivering talks, provide access to artifacts, and leading tours and visits that enlighten and stimulate learning for both Teachers and Students travelling with NST.
Information about our Apprenticeship Opportunities
As a Business and Administration Apprentice with NST, you will have the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst getting to demonstrate your key skills in administration, IT, and your effective listening and communication skills as one of our telephone based market researcher.
Working in our Data Researcher role, sourcing information on customers and suppliers to support our internal and external marketing activities, you will be involved in;
- Research schools and colleges online and updating records in our customer database
- Conducting telephone based interviews to check and update customer details on company databases
- Take ownership of content within the customer database, updating contact information so all data remains relevant.
- Being polite and professional at all times
- Support and help in any team projects and marketing campaigns where required.
- Support other teams and departments during busy periods to build experience, knowledge and skills
Skills / Experience / Qualities
To be considered for one of our Apprenticeship opportunities you will need to have successfully achieved GCSEs grades A-C in English and Maths (England) or equivalent and be able to demonstrate the following.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and polite telephone manner
- A desire to contact customers by telephone to obtain information
- A helpful, proactive approach, with good organisational and time management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
You will also be able to demonstrate your ability to work effectively as part of a team, your Customer First Attitude and your determination and self motivation to earn your qualification.
Package On Offer
Aside from the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst you work in a supportive and successful business you will also receive the following benefits whilst working with NST;
- Opportunities to earn additional performance related bonuses
- Paid annual leave and all Bank Holidays off!
- Access to a range of staff discounts
- Potential permanent employment opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in additional learning and development opportunities, including travel training opportunities
When will I work?
All our apprentices have joined us on our Business and Administration Programme, and complete a Technical Certificate (English and Math's) as part of their formal qualification.
Our apprentices are usually in the workplace 5 days a week, with one fifth of their week devoted completely to their studies, however some of our apprentices may choose to use the college library once in a while to do some additional research for their studies.
Our apprenticeship programme lasts approximately 12 to15 months, depending on individual progress and initial course administration requirements.