Since 1967 we've been creating expertly planned school tours - helping groups get more from their time away...
Primary School Trips to Paris
We promise we won't be beaten on our Paris price!
Paris is one of NST’s most popular overseas destinations as well as one of Europe’s most iconic cities. The French capital offers an abundance of exciting visits and attractions which touch upon much of the curriculum. An experience here is one that will both expand your pupils’ cultural awareness and encourage group bonding too!
You’ll find our most popular itinerary choice(s) below, but we can tailor-make yours from scratch to meet your exact requirements…
Paris - 4 days from £239pp*
Travelling in October 2013. Price includes executive coach transport from & to school & throughout your stay, 3 nights' half-board accommodation, services of NST Paris Representative to assist with check-in & provide 24hr assistance, extensive group travel insurance and a generous free place ratio of 1 in 8.
And then add our most popular itinerary package below for £36pp*
|*Prices shown based on 35 paying passengers departing from England & Wales & are subject to availability.|
Our most popular visits in Paris for Primary school trips
Here are some of our most popular visits in Paris for Primary school groups. We can tailor-make an itinerary to your exact needs. Call 0845 688 8988 to create your itinerary from scratch today.
Visits & Attractions
A magical dream destination! Come and discover the Disneyland® Park, where make believe is real and Walt Disney Studios® Park, where the magic of Disney meets the magic of cinema.
In the Disneyland® Park there are five imaginary lands to discover and explore, in a safe and supervised environment. It is educational too, as pupils can experience other cultures in a whole new setting.
Walt Disney Studios® Park
At Walt Disney Studios® Park, you’re not only behind the scenes; you’re right in the middle of the action. Pupils can take a closer look at how movies are made. There is so much to do and see and so many magical discoveries to experience!
This typically French theme park is home to over 30 outside attractions, all based around the famous Astérix comic-strips, and is a fantastic alternative to Disneyland® Paris. Parc Astérix is especially well known for its large variety of roller coasters, and incorporates rides and themes from ancient cultures such as the Romans and the Gauls, including:
- Tonnerre de Zeus, a wooden roller coaster, top-rated in Europe
- Goudurix, a large steel multi-looping coaster
- Oxygénarium, a large, twisting water slide with round dinghies
- Transdémonium, a haunted mansion filled with special effects
- La Trace du Hourra, a 900m bobsled, with cars that reach 80 km/h
- La Galère, a swinging ship
- Menhir Express, a log flume ride with a 13m final drop
- Grand Splatch, a rapid river ride
Parc Astérix also offers live shows, more rides, live entertainment, animated figures, arts and crafts, reconstructions, a dolphin show, special effects, restaurants and shops.
Paris’ best-known monument has outstanding views of the city, which on a clear day can stretch for 42 miles, giving pupils the chance to pinpoint its many landmarks.
- See the view
- Learn how Gustave Eiffel constructed his tower
- Construct a virtual Eiffel Tower We can also recommend the best times for your group to visit.
You can now pre-book your visit through NST and jump the very long queue too!
Seine River Boat Cruise - Ideal for Language groups
An enjoyable river cruise is a safe and relaxing way to see the sights of Paris. Pupils also learn from the French (or English) commentary on their individual headsets.
Montmartre & Sacré Coeur - Ideal for Language & Religious Education groups
Montmartre provides an opportunity for pupils to practise their language skills with its many street stalls and street artists, shops and cafés. The impressive Sacré Coeur and its grounds also provide excellent free views over Paris.
Activity Based Learning
Cinéaqua - Ideal for Science groups
Cinéaqua, in the heart of Paris, Europe’s largest aquarium is a great place to discover our exciting and abundant natural world. It offers a touch pool experience, the opportunity to watch films and documentaries on the big screen, enjoy a live show, and learn from environmental talks.
Montparnasse 56 Panoramic Visit (the 56th floor & roof terrace of the Montparnasse Tower)
An excellent alternative to the Eiffel Tower (which can be extremely busy). Here pupils will be taken to heights of 196 metres by Europe’s fastest elevator. At the top they will see the most beautiful views of Paris, plus:
- Learn from the large number of audio-visual and interactive facilities
- Tour the photo galleries displaying the history of the tower
- Identify key monuments from viewpoint tables
Guided Tour of Paris - Ideal for Language groups
A tailor-made coach tour of Paris, including a dedicated French or English-speaking guide who will help with pronunciation and knowledge of the many sights of Paris. One of our groups’ favourites is the evening tour of the Paris Illuminations.
Louvre - Ideal for Art & Design groups
Probably the most famous museum in the world with its unique glass pyramid and home to some of the finest collections of antiquities, sculpture and art.
Le Stade de France
Stade de France was built for the 1998 football World Cup and swiftly replaced the Parc des Princes as the home of French rugby.
- Take a guided walking tour round the stadium
- Go behind the scenes and see the players tunnel, changing rooms, security facilities and even stand on the pitch
- Visit the photo museum
Cité des Sciences - Ideal for Science groups
This is the largest planetarium in France with 30,000m² of interactive exhibits exploring man’s experiences with science. There are three areas for groups to explore and practise reading, listening and speaking skills.
Below, you'll find some of our most popular accommodation options for school groups.
This is just a sample of our full range, so for full details of all properties available, please call 0845 688 8988 to speak to one of our Educational Travel Advisors today.
A large, spacious and modern purpose-built centre.
FIAP Jean Monnet
This simple, clean accommodation comes highly recommended. In our opinion, it is not only the best quality centre but also has the best facilities of all the centres in Paris.
30, rue Cabanis
495 guests in196 rooms over floors 2–7.
The centre is in a quiet location in the 14th district of Paris, which is the university quarter. The FIAP is 3.5 kilometres from Notre Dame. The nearest metro stations are Denfert Rochereau (also on RER Line B), St Jacques and Glacière, all within 5-15 minutes’ walk.
- 24-hour reception with night porters
- Information desk
- Self-service dining room
- Several meeting rooms
- Table tennis room
- Free Wi-Fi in the lobby
- Vending machines at reception which sell many items including metro tickets
- Gardens with outdoor giant chess, table tennis and BBQ area
- Safe room for instrument storage
- Baggage storage and lockers/safety deposit boxes
- Disabled facilities: There are 11 rooms adapted for disabled persons. Wheelchair users can access the shower and a seat is provided in each cubicle. The lifts within the centre are large enough to accommodate a guest in a wheelchair plus an extra standing person. The centre is fully equipped to take guests with limited mobility and has received official recognition for their services offered to disabled guests. If required, medication can be stored in a refrigerator.
- Due to the room configuration of the centre, groups cannot be accommodated together on one floor.
- 3-7 bedded rooms (in the 4-7 bedded rooms, there are 2 showers)
- En-suite facilities
- Wi-Fi available in all rooms (fee payable locally)
- En-suite facilities
- Wi-Fi available in all rooms (fee payable locally)
Please note that the number of single rooms available is limited, particularly at peak travel times.
A good standard of accommodation with staff who are very experienced in accommodating youth groups. The hotel offers particularly good facilities for disabled persons.
Residence Internationale de Paris
A simple youth centre offering functional accommodation and particularly good facilities for disabled persons. Staff at the Residence are very experienced in accommodating youth groups and groups are assured of a warm welcome and enjoyable stay.
44, rue Louis Lumière
300 guests in102 rooms over 3 floors. Each floor has 34 bedrooms and 100 beds.
This modern youth centre, built in 1992 and situated in the 20th arrondissement of Paris is located near to the Paris Péripherique, to the east of the city centre. The nearest metro stops are Porte de Bagnolet on line 3 and Porte de Montreuil on line 9. Disneyland Paris can be reached by coach in approximately 30 to 45 minutes. The heart of Paris is just 15 minutes by underground. The new tramway is 3 minutes by foot although we recommend the metro for accessing the city centre.
- 24-hour reception
- Large self service dining room
- 7 study/meeting rooms
- Vending machines
- Luggage room
- Internet access
- Payphones in lobby
- Air conditioning throughout
- Disabled facilities: The centre was built with the purpose of accommodating disabled persons and therefore the whole centre is accessible to disabled persons. All bedrooms have been adapted for disabled guests. One fire escape is a ramp, rather than stairs, to allow disabled guests in wheelchairs to evacuate the building in case of fire. Lifts are large enough to accommodate a wheelchair and lift signs are in Braille.
- 3-5 bedded rooms (bunk beds are sometimes used)
- En-suite facilities
- En-suite facilities
A behavioural deposit is payable on arrival. The amount is €15 per student and must be paid in cash. This amount is refundable at the end of your stay provided there has been no infringement of the hostel’s behaviour rules. The Residence requests that each group leader discuss these rules with their students, sign a declaration and to return this to them via ourselves prior to arriving.
NST City Representative
Our Paris City Representative will contact you on arrival, advise on points of interest and public transport and provide 24 hour emergency assistance.
Free Educational Resources
When you book with NST, you’ll receive some free educational resources to help your group get the most out of their time away.
Disneyland® Paris Educational Resources
Disney has developed a website to make school trips to Disneyland® Paris a truly educational experience!
The website www.disneylandparis4schools.com provides teachers with everything they need to organise a trip to the Resort. The site features workbooks to download which are easily modifiable for younger students.
The workbooks contain projects covering a range of subjects; Art and Design, Design and Technology, ICT, Music, Physical Education and Science. Modern Foreign Languages are also featured and include whiteboard-friendly video clips, where students can ‘virtually’ visit Disneyland® Paris with the help of Disney Cast Members fluent in French, German and Spanish. Each workbook provides pre-visit work, in-Resort learning and post-visit assessment support. Created for the National Curriculum for England and Wales, it’s adaptable to suit the needs of Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Visit www.disneylandparis4schools.com today!
Our travel games are a great way to keep your group entertained on coach journeys to your destination and on your way home.
Click here to view a sample of our Travel Games for Primary school groups.