Great value day trips
Day trips are ideal for groups on a budget & with limited time out of the classroom.
Latest Château Prices
View our great value offers for departures this summer.
Opal Coast French Language Day Trips & Tours
A day trip to the Opal Coast is great low cost option for French language groups to experience a range of exciting target language-focused visits.
This great value for money option helps to put classroom-based learning into context through a range of educational visits and French cultural experiences, including seaside resorts, local markets, villages and theme parks – all without the time and expense of staying away from home. With so many visits to choose from, together with the opportunity to interact with native French speakers and soak up the French way of life, your study tour will be jam packed with unforgettable cultural and educational experiences.
Price Shown includes
- Executive coach transport from and to your school and throughout your stay
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 8 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from selected departure points between 1st May and 31st July 2016 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
This port town provides several cultural experiences located close together.
- Take a guided tour of the town and practise your language skills with the local French guide.
- Explore the Roman old town, spending time in its shops and cafés and practising language skills.
- Pupils can also compare French life past and present.
- Local market days are Wednesday and Saturday. Pupils can interact with traders, build language confidence and pick up a bargain or two.
Local Goat Farm
Gain an insight into French farming and cheese making. There are also opportunities for cheese tasting and, at certain times of the year, to help milk the goats.
Les Chocolats de Beussent
Learn about the industry of chocolate making and combine the demonstrations of melting, moulding and coating with worksheets, a guided tour of the workshop (in English or French), and the chance to enjoy tasting samples!
Get a real taste of France! At a working snail farm, your group will learn how one of France’s most famous foods is reared. Then sit back and see which of your pupils will be first to sample one for themselves.
Local Boulangerie Visit
There are a number of boulangeries in the region where your pupils will watch and listen to the baker describe, in French, the process of making traditional French bread and croissants, before getting the chance to produce and eat their own.
Natur’Pom Cider Farm
Visit the organic orchards at this cider farm and learn about the ecosystem of the farm, the cycle of the plant and organic production. Visits can be adapted to the age of pupils and there is an on-site shop for tasty souvenirs!
Becasuc Sweet Factory
Take a tour of the sweet factory located in Boulogne-sur-Mer, where pupils will learn from the French commentary, demonstrations and be able to taste the delicious sweets produced.
At this traditional boulangerie only French is spoken. Your pupils will learn new phrases as they see the making and baking of bread, brioche and papin pies, before leaving with a fresh croissant or pain au chocolat.
Nausicaá Sea Centre
This fascinating sea centre promotes French learning through interactive exhibits. Their range of educational workshops is now available for all age groups in French or English, covering marine-based topics such as climate change, plankton or marine life. Coastal boat trips are also available from Nausicaá too.
Follow trail instructions and answer questions in French in this informative way to explore the town. NST’s exclusive trails are an excellent method of getting pupils to read, repeat and understand French words and phrases. Town trails are available in:
- St Omer
Bellewaerde Theme Park
Spend a day at this fantastic theme park, home to a wonderful mix of rollercoasters, shows, animals and water features.
Home to over 5,000m² of wave pools and water slides that will keep your pupils active whilst they’re away.
Free Go Explore journals
We understand that learning resources form an important part of a language tour. Our free Go Explore educational resources are a great tool for pupils to record their language experience and build their confidence when exploring another culture, language and location.
With space to add information, pre-visit notes, a daily journal about what they’ve seen and learnt and space for relevant vocabulary our journals are useful for assisting in controlled assessment preparation and is a valuable memento of time spent abroad.
Available from any location in the UK, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967
“Following our trip to France with NST, my pupils have gained a sense of independence and greater understanding of different cultures.”
Kevin Spratt, Featherby School