Field Studies Guides for Geography groups
Explore some of the world’s most exciting geographic destinations with NST’s range of specialist Field Studies Guides. When you book your school tour with NST, we’ll provide you with a guide or advisor, if appropriate, to ensure that your students get the best learning experience from their trip.
Experiences tailored to specific learning needs
We’ve been working hard to give Geography groups even greater value for money and improved benefits when they choose to take a school trip with NST. With this in mind, we have developed a team of friendly and knowledgeable Field Studies Guides to enrich learning and help your students to discover some of the most fascinating geographical sites on the planet.
Equipped with first-hand knowledge of the culture, climate, history and subject knowledge of geography, geology and environmental science, NST’s Field Studies Guides will assist with programme delivery, tailoring your group’s experience to suit your specific learning needs.
Our Geography guides are available in:
- Swiss Alps
- French Alps
- Bay of Naples
- Northern Ireland
If you are travelling to a destination other than the ones mentioned above, you can also receive support from a Mountain Guide, National Guide, Specialist Guide or Local Guide. Visit our Tour Guides page to learn more.
Benefits of our Field Studies Guides
- Pre-Tour Discussion - Your Field Studies Guide will liaise with you ahead of your school trip to ensure that your fieldwork activities support your group’s key study topics.
- Teaching & Guiding - All of our Field Studies Guides have the knowledge and experience to lead the teaching and advising at key geographical sites, helping your group to get the very most from your trip.
- Practical Investigation - Your NST Field Studies Guide can assist your students in undertaking data collection to enable you to complete selected fieldwork activity.
- Group Leader Support - Throughout your trip, your Field Studies Guide will assist you with logistics, planning, itinerary changes due to weather, and will be on-hand to provide advice and support with regards to clothing and kit requirements.
- Free Educational Resources - Your Field Studies Guide will assist your group in completing NST’s recently enhanced free Education Resource Packs, with data collection activities, discussion topics and pre-prepared results (see below for further details). All of our Iceland and Swiss & French Alps study tour packages include an NST Field Studies Guide as standard, however, you can also add a Field Studies Guide from as little as £30pp when you travel to the Bay of Naples, Sicily or Northern Ireland. Call us for further details.