Business LIVE! Student Event - Liddington, Swindon
New for 2021! We’re bringing Business LIVE! to the UK taking place at our activity centre in Liddington.
Business LIVE! UK combines a conference led by expert industry speakers, workshops & talks, team-based challenges and outdoor adventure activities. See our great value 3-day itinerary below.
This three-day weekend event is designed to bring business studies to life for your students and fire their future career ambitions whilst also improving their ability to work together as a team, improve self-confidence, develop resilience and learn new skills.
Business LIVE! UK brings together the best possible learning experience for your students in a fun, memorable and safe environment. We are pleased to advise that our centres are operating under COVID-secure guidelines and all appropriate measures are in place.
2021 event dates:
Friday 29th - 31st October
Price Shown includes
- Return travel by executive coach
- 2 nights' full-board accommodation
- Entrance to the Business LIVE! student event
- Workshop & talk
- Team-based challenges
- Outdoor adventure activities
- Group travel insurance
- On-site support from the Events Team throughout your stay
- 1:10 free place ratio based on teachers sharing twin rooms
Price shown is based on 40 paying passengers departing from selected departure points.
- Conference led by industry experts
Leading industry experts from high profile companies will deliver presentations providing relevant real-life experiences and case studies for exams to ignite your students’ aspirations whilst perfectly complementing the curriculum at KS4 and KS5.
Students can also put their own questions to the experts during a Q&A session.
- Workshops & talks
Small group sessions, led by our conference speakers & other experts in their field, will allow your students to discover and engage with a range of topics from social enterprise projects to impact of psychological resilience.
- Team-based challenges
Selected to enable your students to demonstrate control, commitment, confidence and responses to challenge. Team challenge themes include; gaining confidence, beyond the comfort zone & working together.
- Outdoor adventure activities
Adventure activities to keep everyone engaged, motivated and inspired, from zip wire to the trapeze!
- Our on-site Events Team will provide support throughout your stay, they’ll:
Meet you on arrival & assist with centre check-in
Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the weekend
Assist with check-out & departure
Confirmed speakers for 2021 so far...
Zakia Moulaoui Guery, Founder & CEO at Invisible Cities
Originally from the South of France, Zakia moved to Scotland when she was 21 years old. For several years, she was Director of International Partner Development at the Homeless World Cup Foundation, a global network of street soccer projects. After her health took a bad turn and she had to fight bowel cancer, she decided to take a break to travel. At the end of 2015, she spent time in Greece and volunteered in a refugee camp on Lesvos Island. It is when she returned that she decided to set-up her own social enterprise: Invisible Cities.
Invisible Cities is a community interest company that trains people who have experienced homelessness to become walking tour guides of their own city and they offer off the beaten track, personal tours, highlighting stories of real people, while raising awareness about social justice. You can find more information about them here www.invisible-cities.org
It is while running Invisible Cities that she also worked in partnership with Social Bite, the Social Enterprise Academy or most recently the TedSummit. Since its start in 2016, Invisible Cities is now in 4 cities across the UK: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and York with plans to expand further. They have been featured on UNILAD, Huffington Post UK or BBC Stories amongst others.
Louis Barnett began a business on his parents' kitchen table back in 2004. Eight short years later he was exporting to 17 countries around the world. Louis is on a mission to teach others what he calls 'the chocolate box methodology', a way of growing and scaling fast whilst creating long term sustainability. Louis left education at the age of 11 after being diagnosed with autism, dyslexia, dyspraxia and many other neurological diversities. He believes that everyone has unlocked potential and can use specific formulas and methodologies to help them get to where they want to be. Since 2008 Louis has been working as a consultant and business developer to help companies grow locally and internationally. He has worked with some of the world’s largest organisations, corporates and governments. Now, Louis brings the knowledge he has learnt in deep consumer psychology, branding, marketing, sales and much more to the SMEs that need it most.
Andrew Davis is a renowned keynote speaker and expert trainer in the digital marketing space. With over 20 years of experience to draw upon, Andrew has trained organisations like The Royal Mail, O2, Ogilvy, KPMG and Imperial College students to embrace a new era of creativity and innovation that’s underpinned by digital communication. Launching and growing early social titans like MySpace, as well as traditional media like BBC Radio 1Xtra have shaped Andrew’s unique perspective.
UK LIVE! - Friday
- Travel by coach from school, arrive at Liddington
- Evening meal
- Team-based activity
UK LIVE! - Saturday
- Attend our LIVE! student conference
- Return to centre & enjoy lunch
- High energy outdoor activity to keep everyone engaged
- Workshop & talk led by one of our conference speakers
- Evening meal
- Time for students to relax & reflect on the day
UK LIVE! - Sunday
- Outdoor adventure activity for an invigorating start to the day
- Team-based challenge followed by lunch
- Check out & return to school
Study themes & levels
The event is designed to complement studies across the AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC and SQA qualifications. It is designed to meet course aims by encouraging and developing enthusiasm for studying business and provide quality case studies for exams.
Topics from across the Business Studies curriculum brought to life at our event include:
- Corporate & Social Responsibility, Balancing Profit with Purpose
- Human Resources, Employee Engagement & Motivation
- Business Strategy, Decision Making & Direction
- External Influence, Technology, Sustainability & Environment
- Digital Marketing, & E-commerce
- Marketing, Performance & Strategy
- Globalisation, Growth & Emerging Markets
- Business Operations, Customer Service
Throughout the event your learners will cover the fundamentals of the Business curriculum at KS4 and KS5, supporting and complementing classroom learning.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967