Washington DC Art & Design School Trips
Spectacular art can be seen in the US capital with dozens of world class museums and galleries to be found here, whilst the permanent collections of the Smithsonian Museums are second to none.
During a study tour to Washington DC, a visit to the Smithsonian Institution to see some of the world’s greatest works of art spread across a number of themed museums and sculpture gardens is a must! For sketching and photography opportunities, the Washington Monument provides great city views and is the perfect place to sketch. In addition to the many galleries, temporary exhibits around Washington DC also bring in exceptional art, giving groups a diverse choice of educational visits.
Price Shown includes
- 4 nights’ room only accommodation
- Return flights and overseas airport transfers
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 25 paying passengers departing from a London airport in September 2016 and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Airport assistance during check-in, security and gate checks on your outbound flight from the UK
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
Additional on-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
National Gallery of Art
A huge collection of Old Masters makes the National Gallery a must-see. Works by Rembrandt, Botticelli and Titian are on display along with the only painting by Leonardo da Vinci in the Americas.
National Portrait Gallery
The portraits of Presidents and notable Americans are on permanent display. Works such as the ‘Lansdowne’ portrait of George Washington are among its many highlights.
Smithsonian American Art Museum
Covering a wide variety of themes and movements of American Art with notable works by O’Keefe, Hopper and Homer.
Hirshhorn Museum & Sculpture Garden
Located beside the National Mall, the striking museum is part of the Smithsonian Institution and focuses on contemporary and modern art from the last 50 years.
Walking Tour - Historical Sites
Half day tour with a local guide covering all the major historical sites and monuments:
- Jefferson Memorial
- FDR Memorial
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Memorial
- WWII Memorial
- The White House (exterior).
National Museum of American History
Traces the country’s development in an entertaining and fairly lighthearted manner.
Corcoran Gallery of Art
With a mission to be ‘dedicated to art and used solely for the purpose of encouraging the American genius’, the museum is the largest privately supported cultural institution in Washington DC and focuses on American Art.
- A quiz or disco at your hotel (most hotels can provide a room for groups to use in the evenings)
We can arrange for your group to fly from a range of UK airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1967