Since 1967 we've been creating expertly planned school tours - helping groups get more from their time away...
Inspire your school tour plans
Inspire your school tour plans with the experiences of other like-minded teachers, as well as our in-house destination experts here at NST. We’ve compiled a range of helpful educational visit articles, interviews and overviews for you to dip into. This is a new and growing area of our website and we’ll be updating it regularly so make sure you visit again soon.
Most recent school visit stories…
- Galleries at The Science Museum in London
What will you find behind the museum’s doors?
- Stories from the Front Line
In Flanders Fields Museum
- Musée National du Louvre
A treasure trove for Art groups visiting Paris
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour - The Making of Harry Potter
- New York, New York
Where Business Studies meets pleasure
- Mental Health Clinic Visits
Only available with NST
- Vienna: An Insider's Guide
Psychology teacher, Kasia Chapman, shares her group's experience in this fascinating city
- London Calling
Recommendations for Primary groups
- Five Steps into the Heart of Rome
With the help of NST's team of specialist Religious Studies Guide Lecturers
- Explore a World of Religion with Our Guides
Our guides are selected to meet your exact visit requirements
- Learn at CERN
A Science group shares their experience during an NST tour to CERN
- Lake Garda Strikes the Right Chord
One group shares their concert experience in Lake Garda
- The Music Score: Belgium
Belgium gets the music score from an NST group
- Meet Our Music Team
Our dedicated team of Music specialists work hard to make your tour special
- Discovering the Classical Wonders of Sicily
A cultural crossroads in the ancient Mediterranean
- The Best of Both Ancient Worlds...
Rome and the Bay of Naples
- A Tale of Two Cities: Berlin & Krakow
One group's poignant experience in these historic cities
- Remembering the First World War
Unforgettable battlefield visits for History students
- Take a Journey into History with NST's Guides
Our guides are selected to meet your exact visit requirements
- Hit the Road
Take the ultimate road trip to America’s Golden West
- The Wonders of the Golden West
One teacher's top five experiences in the West Coast USA
- Mini Guide: Los Angeles, USA
A practical guide to the city
- Curriculum & Culture in Washington DC
What is there to do in this fascinating city?
- Be a Part of It
New York, New York!
- Five Days in The Land of Fire & Ice
A diary of one group's unforgettable trip to Iceland
- Five Reasons Why I Go Long Haul
One teacher's tells us why he likes to travel far afield
- Explore the World with NST's Field Studies Advisors
Assisting you with orientation and specific programme delivery
- Paris: My Top Picks
By NST’s City Representative, Aliya Jivraj
- Mini Guide: York, Yorkshire
Discover what this city has to offer for Primary aged pupils
- Cantabria: The Facts
Ten reasons why this area is great for Spanish Language groups
- Barcelona in the Middle
Language tours to the Catalonia region
- Mini Guide: Rhine & Moselle Region, Germany
The ideal destination for students of German Language
- Berlin: Big City, Big Experience
A great destination for German Language groups
- City Centre V Country Coast
Language tours in Paris and the Opal Coast
- Live the Language
Immersion Tours in France & Spain
- New York or Los Angeles
Which would you choose for a study of Media & Film?
- London: Take Three
Our top three picks for Media & Film groups in 2012/13...
- Mini Guide: Paris, France
The city in a nutshell...
- Christmas Delights
Discover the festive markets in 2012
- Beyond Calais
Discover the hidden gem of Northern France
- Screen, Sport, Science & Ancient Society
It's all going on in London in the 2012/13 school year
- Taking Things Literally
English Literature Tours to Stratford & the WWI Battlefields
- A Tale of Two Cities: London & New York
The low down on Performing Arts trips to these two great cities
- Our Top Picks for Theatre Groups in 2012/13
New & Coming Soon!
- London: Focus on Design
Here's what one group got up to...
- Mix & Match in Paris
There's plenty to inspire Art & Design groups in this exciting city for the 2012/13 school year
- London Art Fair
16th - 20th January 2013
- Hitting the right note in Lake Garda
One groups’ music tour with NST
- Icelandic Adventure
Our Geography tour to Iceland
- A Classic Combination
Rome & Bay of Naples
- NST - A Passport to Learn
Local press coverage for NST
- Our Experience of Berlin
Three students share a summary of their time in this fascinating city.
- Fun in France on the Opal Coast
One school group shares their experience in Northern France.
- Our School Trip to London
Four primary school children share their school trip experience.
- Your Music Tour Highlights
NST hits the right note
- Our Psychology Tour to London
A group of students experience psychology in action on a tour to London...
- Our Religious Studies Tour to London
A group of students from Lockerbie Academy explore diversity in worship in the city of London...
- Exploring the Bay of Naples
Teacher Emma Pilling shares her group's Geography tour to the Bay of Naples...
- Our Guided Study Tour to Berlin, Wrocław & Krakow
One group's experience in Berlin, Wrocław and Krakow...
- LA Confidential
Media Studies teacher Jonathan Nunns shares his group's trip to Los Angeles...
- Sampling Spanish Life in Beautiful Barcelona
Teacher Lucy Mattison shares her group's tour to Barcelona...
- Bright Lights of Broadway
One group's Broadway theatre experience in the Big Apple...
- Our Civil Rights Tour to Washington DC
A History teacher shares her group's experience in Washington DC...
- Our West End Theatre Trip
Teacher Claire Jackson shares her groups tour to the West End in London...
- German Language Tours to the Rhineland
One teacher's experience of this beautiful region in Germany...
- Our Geography Tour: West Coast USA
One group's experience in the deserts, cities and national parks of America's West Coast!
- Day in the Life of an NST Bay of Naples Guide
Written by Claudio Astarita, NST Head Guide in the Bay of Naples.
- Ostia Antica: Rome’s Forgotten City
An excellent addition to any classics visit is Ostia Antica – the harbour city of ancient Rome.
- Going Dutch
There are Geography fieldwork visits aplenty on offer in this small yet densely populated country.
- A Grand Day Out
From Yosemite to the Grand Canyon, the USA’s West Coast continues to grow in popularity as an NST school visit destination.
- Exploring the Land of Fire & Ice
Iceland, the geographer’s ultimate playground, offers unique opportunities for students. Here are just a few…
- When in Rome
Why one NST Guide’s heart belongs to this fascinating city.
- Roman Holiday
One teacher’s take on her group’s Religious Studies visit to Rome.
- Galicia: A Contemporary Look at the Past
Kate Craddy, Director of the Galicia Jewish Museum, explains why the museum should form a vital part of any Holocaust-themed visit to Krakow.
- Studying the Holocaust: The Netherlands
An insight from Jeff Garner, NST’s Guided History Tours Programme Co-ordinator.
- From Russia with Love
An NST staff inspection visit really brings Moscow & St Petersburg to life.
- Inside Report: Civil Rights
Lauren Matuszak from Tabor Science College took her students for a Civil Rights subject visit to Washington DC with NST this year.
- Cantabria: A Music Group’s Guide
NST’s Destination Manager in Cantabria, Pablo Sanchez, has worked for NST for over 10 years.
- Pitch Perfect: LA & China
Thinking of taking a Music tour further afield?
- Drawing from Experience: European City Favourites
London, Paris, Barcelona, Venice & Rome
- Media City
- Priory Woods
Priory Woods: Our Workshop Experience
- Going Global
- War Horse
War Horse: Journey to the West End
- The Opal Coast - France’s Hidden Gem
Two teachers tells us how Opal Coast shines through.
- Big, Bright & Brash - 7 Sights You Must See in NYC
Find out all about our most recommended visits in this, one of the most vibrant cities in the world.
- A Roaring Success
A Roaring Success
- Close-Up on Catalonia
Close-Up on Catalonia
- Trip Down Memory Lane
A Trip Down Memory Lane
- Big Bang
Learning that goes with a BIG BANG!
- A Wicked Experience
A Wicked Experience
- Leading the Way
Leading the way... from the textbook to the trenches
- Tour of the Term: Lake Garda Hits the Right Note
Lake Garda hits the right note