Since 1967 we've been creating expertly planned school tours - helping groups get more from their time away...
The perfect school trip accommodation
NST’s Château d’Ebblinghem has been specifically renovated to provide a superb standard of accommodation for school and youth groups.
Just a short hop across the Channel will open up a wide range learning experiences for Cultural, French Language, History, Religious Studies, Geography, Food Technology and Primary school groups. For an overview of the facilities and support available at Château d’Ebblinghem, watch our mini-movie…
Click here for our latest price list with 2-day trips from only £99pp.
About Château d’Ebblinghem
Château d’Ebblinghem is NST’s very own 19th century French country house set in a rural location 8km east of St Omer in Northern France, and just 45 minutes from the Channel ports.
There are three separate buildings at the Château, each designed to accommodate one group. You will have sole occupancy of your building including your own dining room and meeting room. All rooms in all three buildings are bright, modern and clean, and feature a private shower, toilet and washbasin.
Your Group’s Safety & Security
The secluded location of NST’s Château d’Ebblinghem, and the fact that each group has its own accommodation block, will no doubt be a major reassurance to teachers and parents. In addition, a member of our staff is always on duty overnight.
Your Own ‘Groupie’ – Your Own Personal Service
Your own Group Co-ordinator, known as your ‘Groupie’, will be your main point of contact at the Château, and it’ll be their job to make your stay as comfortable and hassle-free as possible. Your Groupie will:
- Assist you on arrival to ensure a smooth check-in
- Discuss all your itinerary arrangements with you, including on-site and off-site activities
- Travel with you to all your visits to assist with directions and organisation
- Organise and be present at all your on-site activities
- Be available to assist with any questions or issues
Meals at the Château provide a nutritious balanced diet which is carefully planned to restore the energy expended during the day’s activities. Breakfast and evening meals are provided on-site and packed lunches are supplied daily. We can be flexible regarding meal times to suit your itinerary, and most special dietary requirements are easily managed.
Excellent Recreational Facilities
Your group will have its own dedicated room for recreational activities, and access to the communal games room. Facilities include:
- Four hectares of private grounds
- Two football pitches (one floodlit)
- Volleyball area and outdoor activities (during summer months)
- A separate dedicated building housing a games room, teachers’ bar and the Château shop
Organised Evening Activities
These fun leisure-time activities at the Château are designed so you can easily enhance your group’s itinerary with some fun and cultural learning experiences:
- French Night – Your students will be given the materials, ingredients and instructions (in French or English) to make the perfect French Crêpe, and they’ll enjoy a game of Pétanque too
- Frogs Legs and Snails – try these French delicacies if you are adventurous enough!
- Other activities include problem solving, a large scale hide and seek, the ‘Have a Go Show’, a quiz, NST’s Next Top Superhero, a team building sensory trail, and more!
French Language Immersion Experience
During a stay at this purpose-built school group accommodation, your students can be spoken to by château staff, in the level of French that you require, during mealtimes and evening activities (such as crêpe-making or the ever-popular language quiz). A series of local visits immerse students in French culture and encourage them to practise their skills and feel more confident.
Add some sparkle to your group’s festive season for just £99p with our fantastic Christmas package at the Château, click here for full details.